Hello. I'm 27 year old and I have some questions for people who maybe know a bit more about this than I do.
Today I have watched on TV some facts about cocaine side effects on children’s brain, emotions and some effects on the body.
I have understood how it can damage liver because it is detoxicated in liver but I don’t understand how it can affect heart.
Some cardiologists even claimed that cocaine can leave great effects on heart and cause some heart murmurs normally seen in much older people. Don’t get me wrong- I'm not planning to become a junkie but I would like to know more about this particular problem!

Hi. I'm 18 year old and recently we did some research in school about cocaine and his side effects on people.
Cocaine is very strong and addictive drug that can be found in both a powder form called -cocaine and crystal form called-crack.
It leaves side effects on almost every structure in the body causing the eyes, the throat, the lungs, blood vessels, the bladder, body weight and especially on heart. Constricting blood vessels it can cause increase of blood pressure and increased heart rate called tachycardia.
Heart murmurs, unusual sounds caused by irregular flowing through the chambers of the heart, is direct consequence of heart defect provoked by cocaine.
This may trigger heart attack, heart failure, irregular heart beat and sudden death.

A heart murmur is, is in my case, a birth problem. People are born with a hole in the heart which usually closes after birth. I never heard of a MURMUR caused by cocaine though it is possible. My parents NEVER did drugs nor drank and the down side of a murmur is infections. If you get an infection and it enters the blood stream it can settle at the murmur causing the heart many problems..Hope I cleared this up about murmurs.

I have read the post and would like you all to know that the heart murmurs or(small hole in the heart) are what the individual is born with. I have a 20 year old sister who has been doing drugs (cocaine, crystal, and many others) she started doing drugs at age 14 and has still not cleaned her self up completely. She has been going to the doctors for 2 years now and they have been reviewing her case being she was having problems breathing and she was having chest pain. After many...many test they had concluded that the extreme use of cocaine and others have not only enlarged the hole in her heart to unrepairable her lungs are also failing. So after 6 years of drug use she can not get a transplant and the doctors said it is the worst case they have seen and she will not make it to her 21st birthday. So if you know of anyone who is involved, please tell them that it only take one time to be dependent and only a few years of drug use to make your organs fail and you to die.

I actually am a registered nurse.....An Emergency Room RN! as awful as it seems I have tried cocaine in social settings and ended up getting admitted to Kaiser in the event of doing a large amount after a weekend in vegas. I am aware of the effects of this drug and felt awful for doing this given I see many patients over dose. I figured I only did a small amount but my resting heart rate was 140 ( normal is 60-80...100 is borderline tachycardia). Due to the nature of my consistent heart rate I was at risk for heart failure, a clot or stroke due to hypertension( high blood pressure). Given I am only 24 I didn't think this could ever be a possibility. As your heart beats that quickly blood can pool in your atrium causing a clot to form; this can lead to the clot traveling to the circulation supplying the heart, brain or lungs.The high blood pressure can cause a rupture of arteries in your brain such as an aneurysm or ischemic/hemmorrhagic stroke...especially if there is an underlying unknown condition. Cocaine being a stimulant, causes release of seritonin ...a neurotransmitter that makes you feel euphoric..thus making cocaine desirable. once coming down from cocaine you may feel negative/depressed emotions due to lack of seritonin. It may take a few days for seritonin to return to normal. If a person has underlying depressive disorder this could cause one to have negative thoughts and be a risk to cause harm to oneself or others. While enduring my well deserved stay in the hospital, I had an Echocardiogram to check my heart valves and to ensure there wasn't any clots in my heart. The Echo reveled an unexpected mitral valve prolapse ( probably congenital meaning I've had it since birth).....I was released and swore to never touch stimulants. about 6 months later I started experiencing chest pain and shortness of breath upon exercise. I was diagnosed with Paradoxical Atrial fibrillation ( an irregular hear beat); this could be dangerous if my heart rate increases beyond a normal range. Many may think they are young and just having a good time; Cocaine seems harmless but there is a reason it is illegal. Besides that....It is an expensive habit and is " cut " with harmful substances that should not be ingested such as ammonia...baking soda..Creatinine...etc...you never know what you're going to get. Some dealers cut Cocaine with Ecstasy or even Ritalin giving it a " speedy effect"..ultimately affecting your risk factors. Some cheap cocaine is " cut " with Drano..rat poison or household cleaners. Do you normally ingest household cleaners? NO. Even if you don't overdose, these chemicals are unnatural and have effects on your health and mental function over time. I actually condone Marijuana over cocaine or artificial substances. Not worth it.....especially for a short-term 40 minute high.
XOXO

Mary Jane is better all around for sure. Coke can cause lots of problems, mostly addiction. I have been recently diagnosed with heart murmur and have had no problems when on coke. Again, it is usually cut with c**p, so be careful.

The highs between coke and MJ are like night and day. Coke in its natural form is not as intense or addictive... we;ve basically bastardized it.

So you're parents never drank or did any drugs? Were they born into a Mormon family or something? I'm not saying this to be an as****e. I'm seriously just curious.

Don't forget intensifies as it is produced. People can put pretty much whatever they want in it to make it more habit forming.

What artificial substances are you talking about? Like K2, which is that fake cannabis stuff that's more dangerous than most of the drugs out there. And I've done cocaine before and the euphoria is amazing. It sometimes can feel like sex or an orgasm. Which we both probably know is awesome. So why'd you get into the medical field?

Please. I'm very interested in asking a few questions I think, out of everyone on this thread. I think you could help me understand better and more in the best way. Please. My name is Randall. And you might just save my life if you was able to answer or call me and talk just for a few minutes. Please. . . I live in Texas and you can call or text at anytime. Please and Thank you so much . . Really. I need to talk to someone about some things that concerned what you said. .. Please please please help me

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** private phone numbers not allowed*** Please read our Terms of Use