Hi, I suspect that my son has taken too much cocaine. How can cocaine overdose symptoms be noticed?

Hi, cocaine overdose symptoms are intense and generally short in nature. A person can even die from cocaine overdose. Depending on weight, metabolism, heath and other factors, different doses of cocaine are needed to cause overdosing. Too much cocaine leads to a serious increase in blood pressure. Even bleeding in the brain can develop leading to a higher possibility of a stroke. If heart and respirator problems develop they can even result in death. Seizures, heart attack, brain hemorrhages, kidney failure and other complications.

hi i overdosed from cocaine just friday night and it is now monday.
but what happened to me was i just did my last line and 5 min later i just fell over and started having a seizure,that lasted for 5 minutes then my eyes rolled in the back of my head and i quit breating for 1 minute untill my friend started to do cpr on me after that i had no idea wut happened i just remembered doing my last line then NOTHING..
overdoes is really scary and harmful and there is no way to tell when your going to od from cocaine it just happens.
i did a teaner of cocaine to myself b4 and nothing happened to me till the other night... so just watch out and dont do to much at one time if your going to be doing coke cuz there is no way to know what is to much untill its too late.

Everything that I've read up to now on these replies seem to be quite accurate. But I'm not a M.D. by any means ... I'm only speaking from experience... With cocaine, especially in North America, it's not just Cocaine you're snorting...who knows what's in it? .. I've seen dealers in the past, (not me) mix stuff with god knows what (awful sh*t and chemicals) , just to make a profit. In no way am I suggesting to fly down to South America to get your high... And in no way am I even condoning doing drugs period.

..But if you're reading this, high as a kite and you feel that your eyes are watering nonstop and your heart is kicking past olympic gear... stop. Seriously...stop.

According to the National Institute on Drug Abuse, using cocaine can have a variety of adverse effects on the body. Regardless of how or how frequently cocaine is used, a user can experience acute cardiovascular or cerebrovascular emergencies, such as a heart attack or stroke, which may cause sudden death. Cocaine-related deaths are often a result of cardiac arrest or seizure followed by respiratory arrest.

Over the past several days, Canadian news outlets have also begun reporting that tainted cocaine is being linked to several cases of illness in that nation.

Seven people in Alberta have developed a form of immune system suppression after consuming cocaine laced with a chemical compound, public health officials said Friday.

The individuals developed agranulocytosis, a condition that makes the immune system incapable of fighting off infections.

It makes common infections become serious, even fatal, quite quickly.

"We are advising anyone who develops a fever or other signs of infection and has used cocaine to seek medical attention quickly," Dr. Gerry Predy, Alberta's Acting Chief Medical Officer of Health, said in a news release.
[CBC]

If you or someone you know is using cocaine, there is help available. Use SAMHSA's drug treatment locater tool to find the right drug abuse treatment program in your area.

There are many signs and symptoms of cocaine abuse,and/or overdose.But I am not a Doctor and only speaking from personal experience.I personally have over dosed twice in the past 9 years,the most recent being 3 years ago and left me "clinically dead" for approx 7 minutes. Cocaine is highly addicting,well was for me,and caused me to become VERY aggitated when I didn't have it,and extremely violent when I couldn't get it.As well as vomitting,extreme weight loss,anxiety and panic attacks would occur during and after use.As I said,I am not a Doctor,but I DO NOT agree with the earlier post where someone claimed they over dosed and that they would cut back.I think that if you over dose,truly over dose,that you should stop! I do not agree with the use of Cocaine and do not think there is any safe amount,that idea is simply crazy! The bottom line is,you never know what you're getting,or what is in it...weather you have gotten from the same person all the time,that person may get different stuff,and there is always a dealer before them cutting it.I have been clean for 3 yrs now,and would NEVER touch drugs again,after dying for 7 min. I don't think that anyone that uses any drugs for an extended period of time will live long.

To add to the previous post regarding tainted cocaine in Canada, similar if not identical cases are being reported in Denver, CO. The chemical being used is a drug used on animals, and it is unclear as to why its use is becoming more prevelant in cutting cocaine, as it is a more expensive alternative to more common options.

I used cocaine i.v. must have been at least .4 grams. Soon after taking off my belt I began to shake uncontrollably and after couple of steps fell onto the couch. I was very scared and wondered if it could have been ammonia poisoning because i thought it tasted like I imagine finger nail polish remover. My friend told me I needed to drink water and that sounded reasonable to me so I did. It was a very unpleasant experience but still part of me wanted to but I didn't cuz I was very scared. I'm still shaking a little and did this like 2 or 3 hours ago.

I was diagnosed with crohn's disease about five years ago and have been smoking green since then. I've done a lil blow here and there but last er I got worse and binged on crack-cocaine then came back and started messing with needles stopped it for a while then moved to crack. I had been pretty good these past few weeks until a few days ago and especially tonight. I used cocaine via i.v. must have been at least .4 grams. Soon after taking off my belt I began to shake uncontrollably and after couple of steps fell onto the couch. I was very scared and wondered if it could have been ammonia poisoning because i thought it tasted like I imagine finger nail polish remover. My friend told me I needed to drink water and that sounded reasonable to me so I did. It was a very unpleasant experience but still part of me wanted to but I didn't cuz I was very scared. I'm still shaking a little and did this like 2 or 3 hours ago. Haha now at least three hours it took me so long to write this.

I have used cocaine once about every 6 months for the past few years, I usually only take it when I am writing music for an up coming show. In fact I am currently on it as I type this, about half way through an eight ball. I have nearly overdosed many times and definitely agree this is an extremely touchy drug and to be used with care and caution if even to be used at all. One thing I have noticed however is before and overdose nearing I usualy get very sick to the stomache, noticing I am hungry but have no will to eat, and many people I talk to have similar symptoms. If this comes on, drink cold cold water next to a toilet and you ought to naturally puke most of it up, thoguh much of the drug is already metabolized into your system. It should however after relax your heart rate a bit and tire you out physicaly. After that do not do ANY more for a few days. Eat some bread to absorb the stomache acid and anything left inside.

So... I have taken Cocaine for the first time ever... I am 18 years old... 153lbs 5'4'' & never done it before... I prolly took about... 15 lines maybe even more... I lost count... All I know is my head hurts really really bad, my heart is racing uncontrollable & I'm breathing hard... My hands are also shaking as I type this... I don't know what is wrong with me, but I'm very nervous/scared... :-( Help?

i am currently in the process of self induing a heart attack. this is my first time doing cocaine. my first line, hated it. i do not like the taste that randomly appears at the back of my throat. 2nd line was better. at some point i became nervous and panicked. i will let you know how it goes, and if i dont, successful for.

Why would anyone wish to INDUCE a heart attack?
That is Just well not smart!

Also i can assure you I was a coke addict for a good many years(15 and a half clean now)

If you OD off of coke You will Not go due to a heart attack

You will have a mini stroke and seizure type thing
You will start to have racing heart racing thoughts breathing heavy and than you will shake and your mouth and jaw will star tworking over time (sort of like when you grind your teeth) many times while this is happening without knowing you will bite the inside of your mouth or tongue.
Your eyes will lose vision and you will not be able to stop convulsing.
IF you are lucky you will be Blessed and have a friend there who can talk you through it or call an ambulance.
If not well you may die
or you may get lucky and come out of the convulsions

However UI assure you It will not be awq Heartattack you feel.

People coke is NOTHING to play with
When I was using i had a death wish and I was BLESSED to have someone there to help me on the occassions i Od'd and no one just tossed me in a alley out back to die. (this is what happens in the inner city in shooting galleries they just sit you in the alley.
If your heart is racing than STOP take a break come down
You can only get so darn high anyway and after a while you just no longer feel it. that is when you know you have done too much and need a break

welll five years ago I was a heavy drug user and depressed that my boyfriend had broken up with me, so at 5'4' and back then 103 pounds I speed balled an 8 ball in my old high school bathroom and started blacking in and out of conciousness. I felt like my nose was about to fall off, I was tripping so hard I though pieces were falling off tohe floor, I saw bugs everywhere... it was a horrible experiance and i had to go to the hospital to be on an iv drip. Bad idea.

i have been using cocaine for the past 3 years of my life (on average once or twice a month), when i got pregnant last year i completly kicked it and was clean my entire pregnancy no problem, other then feeling extremly aggitated when i was around people that were doing it i had no cravings or withdrawls. after i had my baby i picked up on it again and would do it on nights that my mom would look after my son. well a couple of nights ago my mom had him and me and my bf got into a 40 pounder of vodka and did a couple of grams...after we finished the two we got one more but the dealer split it two baggies and i stashed one and forgot about it. so i found it yesterday and did about 4 rails out of it and got into bed and watched tv. after about 2 hours i started feeling very uncomfortable and i had a hard time breathing. i told my boyfriend that i was feeling strange and i sat up in bed. after that my face and arms started tingling immensly and i started to panic. the muscles in my arms began to constrict...i had no control and i couldnt move my fingers..i could barely get the words "take me to the hospital" out of my mouth. as we were trying to get ready to go to the hospital the feeling started to subside so i sat down and drank some water.(the last thing i wanted was to end up in emergency and my mom finding out what i was up to, it was a last resort) i had a shower which kind of helped but for a couple of hours i still felt weird and had a hard time taking a breath...this was the scariest thing i have ever had happen to me in my life...i thought i was going to die. out of my three years of using coke i have never had something so threatening happen to me. and theres been nights where i had been up for three days doing on average 2 or 3 grams a day. this time i only did a few rails nd i was almost off to emergency. this has really changed my outlook on drugs. i always knew it was stupid to toy with hard drugs but this hit too close to home. i am going to try my best to stay away from drugs, ive said it before but this time i mean it...i have a beautiful son to worry about and its just not worth it