Hello, folks. I have an acquaintance that is on cocaine. I think his condition is getting worse. He is in a hospital. I suspect he had a heart attack. Is it possible that cocaine can cause it? What do you know about this? I would gladly hear out your opinions. Thanks, guys.

Hello. Cocaine increases the chance of heart attack. This can even happen with persons that are not candidates for this disease. Cocaine users have higher levels of substances like vWF, CRP and fibrinogen. All these substances can increase clotting. People with cocaine can also have other risks for heart attack. Some of them are smoking and alcohol abuse. Your friend should seek for a professional help. I hope he will manage to pull out. Good luck!

hi i myself have used cocaine over the years and have experienced problems with my heart it s called arrhymia and can become quite a problem i ve had treatment for mine .i told doctors i get when im stressed but i knew it was caused by drugs. tell your friend to give it up now because it can lead to a heart attack,plus the feeling that yor going to die is not very nice..