I just wanted to know a little more about heart palpitations, or more specifically sudden insanely rapid pounding nearly paralyzing heart beats.
After smoking crystal - days after- at night, like right before, the very instance I'm falling asleep, my heart goes nuts o.O . I notice it beating hard and rapidly, extremely. I focus on whats happening for a few seconds and during these few seconds I decide I need to take a deep breath, or sit up, or roll over - but can't manage to do either, not even really move. After this continues for a few moments I manage to slowly inhale - I think- I sit up and it all goes away. It is actually funny XD - because of the time of these occurances taking place as or when I actually fall asleep- sometimes I can't tell if maybe I dreamed it and suddenly awoke, but other times I know it happened. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

o.O o.O You are lucky that you only get it for a moment and think that it is funny. I od'd on meth 4 full days ago and I can't sleep because the rapid paralyzing heart beat is picking up when I try to sleep and sticking all night, which is why I'm writitng this at 6:10 am. And I am responding to your post from almost four years ago, but I just have to say for anybody reading this, that I guess it can be lesser or greater. The night thing is strange. when I was 15(I'm now 25) I had panic attacks for months after od'ing on caffeine pills (yes I am going to go to meetings as soon as I can sleep because drugs have now been invading my comfort for over 10 years) and I would get flashes, I would think dreams sometimes, of panic attacks, then wake up having a panic attack, or wake up relieved it was just a dream or just a flash. the only very sound advice I have on here is to stay away from uppers, caffeine pills, meth, or cocaine. Stay the f**k away from those drugs. they have done nothing good for anybody in the world. River Phoenix said that exact thing, then died from cocaine. I cannot sleep and feel like sh*t because of meth. If you are having heart palpitations, if they get really bad, go to the hospital because from what I can tell the heart is sensitive. this is a terrible post on my part, sorry

Im going through the exact same exact symptoms you guys describe , when it first happened i didnt sleep for 4 days untill my doctor finally gave mee Valium. For mee im going through it as i type, tonight is my 12th week , been using since about 14 years old ( Thnx to older friends and the 60's ) nothing like this ever happened nor did i image it could ever happen , another thing i had my accident on Cocaine i was abusing it everyday id wake up and snort a line , also id smoke it straight , ( i was trying to hurt my self a bit, until it actually happened , its not so fun anymore ) same thing over and over until one night , around 4 am , thats just when my heart started to beat at like 150 bpm i thought oh itd go away in a couple mins but it didn't it stuck for hours, thn about 18hrs later i couldnt hold it any more as soon as i got to the hospital i started to cramp up on the floor and my heart just wouldnt slow down. (omg the pain f**k !) for a month and half the electrical system in my body was completely fuckd it felt like i had a 9 volt battery on my touge at all fuckn times of the day, day and night 24/7, 7 days a week when i had to sleep it was the worst bazzre feeling ive ever felt coudnt evn image it was possible to feel this , any ways tonight's 12 weeks going on to 13 its not as intense as the first 8 weeks but i still feel it when i try to sleep , and i have heart palpitations still ( fuckn so painful not to mention fuckn frightening ) , but if some one is looking for help , pot and alcohol won't help ( trust mee i tryd i almost went in to cardiac arrest trying to get drunk to just get a couple of hrs of sleep , alcohol get you to hyped so your heart starts to beat faster and weed gets you more anxious ) So stay away from that stuff , only stuff that can help are ( benzodiazepines ) and only use them in an extreme emergency during this emergency because you dnt want to get hooked while fuckd like this . Anyways im searching for an answer myself , i guess just stay close to your loved ones , listen to good music , put your self threw extreme detox ( spiritually , physically ) and remind your self you chose this life style . Ill post more in a week

I did it Fri sat and sun night slept a cpl hours sun night than Monday I started having heart palpitations . It's freaking me out am I going to live ?