Hi, my friend is 27 years old and he is using cocaine for some time already. I am pretty sure that he had developed addiction to that drug because he is using it on daily basis. Also he started to complain that he feels strange symptoms which affect his heart. I would like to know how does cocaine affects the heart.

Hi, cocaine is very strong drug which is initially causing pleasant feeling and gives self confidence. Unfortunately these effects are not lasting for a long time and after that person who uses it start to feel depression. Effects on heart may be increased heart rate, arrhythmias and high blood pressure in the first time, when level of cocaine in the blood drops it may cause decrease of the heart rate.

Hello there baxter,

Well if there is something you can do to help your friend than do it. Organize an intervention or something similar because getting addicted to any kind of drug and especially cocaine can lead you to death. Unfortunately most people don’t take cocaine that seriously, but as you can see by yourself your friend is using it on daily basis and that means that he can’t stop that easily. You can ask around for some institutions and approach to your friend with the facts.

I hope that you will be able to find a way to help him, although these kinds of things never work from the first. Good luck.