I'm 22 years old have had the same boyfriend for 3 years. I've been on birth control pills for 2 years. I'm really scared because for the past week prior to getting my period, which comes the same time every month, I've been having dark brown discharge and today i was suppose to get my period and instead it's still the dark brown discharge only it is alittle clumpy with a heavy flow. I've also noticed it has a slight amount of blood with it. I'm really scared because I read dark brown discharge means your pregnant. please help!

Brown discharge doesn’t necessarily mean you are pregnant. Dark brown discharge can actually be some residual blood from your previous period that did not come out. When blood stays longer in uterus, it goes dark, even black.
If it occurred slightly before your period, it could be indicating your period or of you had sex, some uterus movement made that blood come out (or something like that).
Although it is true that implantation bleeding occurs about one week before your period, if you have been taking bc pills regularly and on time, the chances of pregnancy are actually minimal.
You can take home pregnancy test to make sure but I honestly doubt you are pregnant.

Yeah, what the last person said: brown vaginal discharge is a sign of old blood, and that can be present in your discharge for quite a few different reasons, most of which are nothing to worry about. It can be a sign of pregnancy, since some women have an implantation bleeding, but many women also get it towards the ends of the periods anyway, or even right before. You're on the pill too, which technically means you don't even have "real" periods; the bleeding's just a result of the ingredients in the pill designed to make things look more like a normal menstrual cycle. 

I have the same dark discharge but I am not on birth control and I've taken a pregnancy test with a negative result. I am 240+ lbs. and overweight could this be a factor?

Hey im 18 years old and ime having the same problmes as you are but ive never had sexso what does this mean. ive got my peiod for 1 day only in August and september i didnt get it and now im getting this but it feels like aa period it was juss brown at the begining

I agree with Natalia. I'm 27 & have been getting the brown discharge before my period since i can remember. I have never been pregnant. I simply call it my "warning sign" letting me know that I will be coming on soon.

Period irregullar, I ve never had a brown disharge until two days ago .....my breast hurt every now and then .my period just started today,but ive also have a vaginal itch .......is it me jus being losing it....i went to the hospital bac to bac but they keep saying that they cantfind nothing wrong.and still I have abdominal pains here and ther ..can anyone help me understand whats going on......

I am 18 years old i had most of the promblems you  females are having down to the itching,drak period,coming on my menstrual period two months later. I went to the doctor every two months they told me that nothing was wrong. I ask them to check for cancer never had it,the itching i had didn't last that long my doctor said it can come from the type of pads i wear to remine you i dont  like tampons dont feel right to me.all laughs, thought i had a infection never had it,I took a pregnancy test i wast'n but, the doctor did said i was drinking lack of milk, and water that infected my blood.when i start having sex that's when the dark period came i ask my  doctor why do i have brown dark colorish blood? he said it came from old blood that's was in my body for a minute that was normal. OMG the moods i be feeling my family think am crazy i be happy one minute mad the next my body temperature chance very fast to cold to any type of wearther you can name but when it heats up i dont went nobody touching me talking to me or loud around me thats just me as a women of a kind and the experience that i have receive. All i can say to you beautiful woman out there when  you see anything that dont look normal to you get checked out , and if you having sex or thinking about doing it always rap it up i rather be safe than sorry treat  your health like you would treat a million dollar car or a house.we can't live without health/wealth. and one more thing aids dont have my name or  your name on it.protection first

sincerely kim

thank you