I am 21 years old and have always had very heavy periods always accompanied with manageable cramps and headaches. A few days ago I noticed that I had brown discharge in my underwear, I found this strange since I did not have any pain or anything to go with it but wore a tampon anyway. The next day I did not bleed at all. I thought maybe my body was just doing some weird thing. Today I had brown discharge again, so I put a tampon in and in the 7 hours that I had it in, it was less than 1 gram. I have never in the 10 years that I have had my period, had anything like this. Unfortunately, this is the first time in 2 years that I did not write down the last time I had my period, but I am pretty sure that it is around this time. Does anyone have any ideas what's going on? I have never had this dark brown almost black color, and never a painless light period!!!!

OMG I have the exact same thing going on. I'm so scared it might be pregnancy, or something serious? I've read umpteen articles and threads about this and it either points to pregnancy related issues including possible miscarriage or just 'old blood'. Like there's no flow, it's just there and has been for about 3 days now. It's slowly starting to turn a little more red and looks more like it would at the end of my period. I haven't had it since the end of january and have absolutely no other symptoms but this random discharge. I've been stressed lately from work and general things in life but don't feel bloated, sick, sore anywhere or what have you. I don't really eat right or sleep enough so that's all I can think of. I'm right with you on what you went through!

Insight? %-) I'm kind of nervous.... :-(

wut was the outcome?

I am on my first period and have a dark almost black discharge and i am a bit worried what i should do.