What is the relation ship between cervical mucus and fertility? Are women that have mucus as a sign of ovulation more fertile that the others? I have never been able to feel the symptoms of ovulation. I’ve also never noticed that have vaginal discharge or mucus, and fortunately have never had any std that causes appearance of vaginal discharge. I want to have a baby and I’ve started to follow the changes of my body during my cycle. What is the point with cervical mucus and pregnancy? Will it appear as a symptom after fertilization?

Cervical mucus usually appears about the time for ovulation, because it has role in preparing environment for conception. It is normal type of mucus, but it is not necessary to be noticed in all women. This mucus is usually thick, sticky and creamy, and may be white in color. It helps sperm to pass through cervix to the uterus more easily. Of course that it doesn’t mean that mucus is equal to fertility. If your cycles are regular enough and you have no problems with hormonal imbalance, I think that mucus should not bother you.
Why don’t you try with basal body temperature method?

Cervical mucous can help you pinpoint ovulation. At ovulation, the discharge is clear and stetchy. Before and after ovulation it is white and sticky. You may not notice any discharge coming out, but if you feel just inside your vulva with a clean finger you can usually tell what type of mucous it is