Recently my menstrual cycle has turned to a bright red color. I have been taking an iron supplemement for a couple of moths, could that be why? It used to be a dark red, more burgundy color. Is this abnormal?

it is the iron supplement. i am 15 and the same thing happened with me, except my mother was giving me the iron supplements because she believes me to be anemic. she believes this to be true not only because she herself is anemic but also that the condition makes your blood a darker color.

i hope this was helpful. :-D

I agree. I had the same problem with it and I was so scared that I didn't know what to do. So, I talked to my mom and she convinced me to visit a doctor. So, I did. Since I was a gym freak, I was taking certain supplements as well and it seems that this has affected my normal menstruation. But also, in your case, this doesn't have to mean anything. Usually, a bright red period is a normal period, it is a normal color. But also, there is a huge difference between "normal" period and "abnormal" period as well. That is why doctors are saying that you should visit a gynecologist every year if you are OK with your analyses. Listen to this advice, always. 

I'm 18 years old and just had a baby in april. I didn't have a period for 2 months and just the other day I started. It is very heavy and consist of clots with mager cramping its so bad I just want to crawl in bed and cry. Is this normal please help :'(

My doctor also put me on iron suppliments because I am severly anemic. My anemia is cause my having long and heavy periods. I bleed for at least 7 days and maybe more sometimes. I have very bad cramps every months Sometimes it is bad to the point I stay home from work. I even get nausea. I had this problem since I was 14, when I first got my period. My mom was the same way till she had children. A natural and good way to fight anemia is to eat red meat, prefably rare, broccolli, and spinach during your period. This way you wont get anemia.