Hi, Im only 18 years old... I guess you could say Im not really sexually active. I do some intimate things with my significant other but we never have sex... so I dont think I could be pregnant.
I am noticing that I have a light stringy discharge that appears kind of brown or blood stained... there isnt a smell to accompany it and Im just worried. I tried researching online and noticed that this color of discharge is normal in the middle of ovulation.
Is ovulation the same as menstration?
I just need to know if this discoloration could be because Im close to getting my monthly period even though Im actually a week and a half away from my normal menstration cycle...
What else could it be?
Please help me find answers...
I have not been to a doctor... mostly because I just noticed it today and also because I feel kind of embarrassed. I dont own a car and so to get there Id have to go through a friend or parent and I dont want them to know Im having problems.

Mid cycle spotting is a good thing. If your period is 2 weeks away and you receive some spotting, whether it be brown or pink, is a good sign of fertility, so they say. I receive spotting around the time I get my period, usually 1-2 days before it comes. So it is normal. Do not worry! If you'd like to ease your mind you can take a HPT! I hope this helps and good luck

This helps me a lot. I feel a lot more releived now.
Thank you so much.