Hemorrhoidectomy performed on Monday at 10:00am. First half day was easy as the local They gave me did not wear off wear off yet. Since then I have been in pain. I am getting horrible spasms in my anus that come on every few seconds for hours. As I type this I am on a record spasm sessions 5 hours. Doc just sent in an order for Valium to hopefully ease the spasms. Anyone out there in the same boat as me? Perhaps some shared experiences would help.

Aghhh when does this pain end. The spasms are just unbearable. Hot pad gives some relief but spasms that last a halfday my god!

Trying to get off the opioids. Went down to one ever 4 hours then stopped them and started Tylenol and Motrin. Pain is still unbearable. Probably worst since I stopped the opioid. Trying to get things flowing down there better. Had a small bowel movement early that was quickly followed by another one. Second one was large but stool was kind of soft. I was standing up and bending over when going but today I had to sit because me legs where shaking so badly. I sat off of one side of the toilet and leaned my head on the wall. I tried my best to breath and not hold my breath. Afterwards I get right into the shower and hold the hose by my butt. Once I calmed down enough I go to the bath and sit for a good 20 minutes. Does anyone know if it’s ok to put neiosporin on the area ?

Pain is much more bearable today. I am only taking Motrin and Tylenol and feel decent. I have been taking the Valium at night to help fall asleep. Heating pad has been a god send. Had some blood leakage today but it may be from feeing better and moving around more often. In a warm bath as I text. Fifth one today :).