I have two questions for you. Is viral load test necessary to confirm presence of HCV antibodies? Is testing necessary for everyone who is HIV-positive? I will appreciate information about this. Thanks in advance.

HCV testing is recommended for anyone who is HIV-positive, because one third of all people with HIV also have HCV. Keeping an HIV+ person's liver healthy increases their ability to tolerate HIV medication and keeping theirs HIV under control may also help to slow HCV disease progression. HCV antibodies will appear by 12 weeks after infection, so qualitative viral load test is recommended to confirm HCV infection. HCV viral load results are usually much higher than HIV viral load test results and results range from undetectable to millions of copies. The HCV viral load is usually used to monitor the success of treatment and I want to add in people who are HIV infected, antibodies my take longer to develop, sometimes months.