I am a man who had PROTECTED vaginal sex with my new girlfreind on 5th March 2013. Always i have is protected sex with her (before this event also). After few days after 5th March (when we had protected sex) she tested positive. I am trying to figure out if i am on Risk status and if yes when to get tested????. I had a Rapid test (determine and unigold) after 6 weeks (results Negative). Please also note....We had oral to where french kissing and she sucking and hand job me condom less. Dr your fast responce will be appreciated. Thanks

since the rapid test came out negative is good.

Getting the virus by kissing or sucking is possible but rather remote. the other oral fluids kill the virus.

since the March 5th there is enough time to show if you have been exposed to the HIV,

if you want to be absolutely sure go to a clinic  and have professional a blood test it will show if you have developed HIV antibodies.

Go as soon as possible because you will never relax,

good luck

Hello !! GUEST i went to a Hospital yesterday and had a UNIGOLD test....results Negative.....should i beleive that i am Negative??? as surfing on net says 3 months.....this last test period is like 6 weeks and 4 days !!!

go back and ask them for 4th generation HIV test which finds the HIV-Antigens and HIV-antibodies.

Antibodies sometimes take a little longer to show on the test IF someone has been exposed to the virus.

HIV-Antigens can be found after the 2nd-3rd week.

six weeks is quite some time to develop antibodies though, most probable is that you are negative but go back in 3 months to repeat the test, you better do it again otherwise you will never relax. clear this matter and get always protection when you have sex.