Hi!
I need advice. I had unprotected sex with this girl and then 4 days later sore throat stroke me. I have problems with swallowing and no other symptoms, like fever or cough. I am afraid I got HIV! Could hiv infection be resulting so soon from exposure?

Hey there,
Well, you were exposed to hiv infection, but it is unlikely that you would experience sore throat so soon. Most people feel some sort of consequences of exposure to hiv virus 4 to 6 weeks after the exposure. Maybe you really got this sore throat virus from this girl, but you could of got it even by talking to her or sitting near her, so she is not that much to blame!
I sincerely think you are just panicking and do not think you have hiv. But if you are really that panicked, you should make hiv tests, but it is better not to do them before 13th week after the exposure (date you had sex with girl you think has hiv).
Best wishes!

probably just oral thrush.

Get some antibiotics, gargle with TCP and find a new squeez.

:-(

Unfortunately initial symptoms for HIV are very non-specific which means the symptoms can mean a number of different illnesses. Because HIV can be hidden for up to a year before showing up on tests, most likely the initial symptoms you described are not HIV since they showed up so soon. A typical viral infection, such as the flu which has an incubation period of about 2-4 days, is the most likely culprit. However, every time you have unprotected sex when not in a committed relationship, the mature thing to do is take an HIV test right after the incident, 6 months after the incident, and 1 year after the incident. My mother is a doctor and had an HIV scare when she accidentally pricked herself with a needle that she used on an HIV positive patient. I am simply restating the process she had to go through. I hope this helps.

Having read some of the comments in this forum I would like to say this: When someone has a symptom such as a sore throat it is criminal to link this in anyway to an HIV infection. I hear of more and more people being convinced that they have been infected with HIV because of a sore throat or some skin rash. That includes myself. What follows is immense stress and all the consequences that go with it to say the least.It is therefore every responsible person's job NOT to mention the word HIV in any forum related to everyday symptoms. Based on studies and all the research available, HIV thankfully still remains a very difficult and rare infection to catch.