I have had pressure in my head for 7 months. It is not pain, but pressure. I woke up 7 months ago and had pressure extending from my temples, to the crown of my head. I also have intense ringing in my ears. I am tired and I forget things I ought to remember, such as the password on my computer. I have been to an ENT and he said it was stress. He gave me valium and it didn't help. I went to the Chiari institute and they said I do not have the disorder. Have had 2 MRIs and many xrays. All are normal. The pressure never goes away, even when I am sleeping. I wake up after 3 hours of sleep, I don't know if it is from stress or the pressure. My heart is now involved and I have arythmias. PLEASE HELP IF ANYONE KNOWS ANYTHING

i have the same exact symtoms as you even the heart thing have you found out anymore about this help

i have the exact same symyoms down to the heart arythmea

when i drink alcohol it gets worse .lately iv felt like im going to have a heat attack have you found anything more out about it? :cry:

My mum had the same problem afew months back. The doctors said it was infected sinus's. She went for scans and you can see the blockages. I'd advise to go to the doctors to make sure this is what it is?

Linda,

What did they prescribe for your mother?

I have the same symptoms and am starting to get heart pains and numbness in cheeks. I am 40 yr old male, my symptoms started six months ago. I have been tested (negative) for diabetes and HIV, I have tried antiseptic mouthwash, medicine to drain ears, and am now taking medicine for shingles and meningitis. Also I have a white coated tongue, as well as a bright red spot on the tip of my tongue with white edging around the red spot. This gets worse while consuming carbohydrates, sugar, wine, breads, better if I take acidophillis (sp?).

Trial and error medicine is terrible.

I have the same symptoms and it keeps me from sleeping. I will that I will go out of my mind sometimes. In addition, my nose is often plugged up, yet when I do nose drops it clears so I know it's not an obstuction. Could all this be nothing more than emotions? Please let me know if you find anything out. I don't know who to go see about this problem. An Allergist?

as for the red dot on toungue it sounds like an ulser, as they worsen with sugars. It may be related to stress (tried to erracticate the causes of stress in ur life. I'm not to sure what was prescribed for my mum, I believe it was just antibiotics (see doctor anyway)

Do any or all of you use alot of dairy products? Especially heavy in fat? Cheese? Half and half? You may have developed a food allergy that has gotten worse over time or is aggravated by stress (some of you have jobs with built in stress, thinking you can handle it but it can sort of accummulate, watch out for that. Be sure to breathe deeply too (truly, this is important under stessful conditions, we tend to breathe insufficiently.)

Lastly, stay hydrated, have your water checked. Some of today's chemicals used to make water drinkable cause lesions on home pet fish...this should tell you something. My guess is that one of the writers is correct, self-induced allergy to dairy products.

If I find out what is going on, I"ll write again. Thanks for posting the inquiry, I was astonished to read my systems and they are distressing. Your heart is involved because the other systems are irritating and raise your blood pressure, causing you to feel your heart beat almost audibly.

(You're not on Levoxyl for thyroid of Femhrt for hrt are you? If so, throw these prescriptions in the trash can.)

DSW

I have the same symptoms. The ringing in my ears gets worse when I talk on my cordless phone. Also, cheese and alcohol make it worse. Doctors have no answers for me, either.

Has anyone found any answers?

Hello all,
The pressure in the head, irregular heart beat, shortness of breath at times, dizzyness at times, inability to concentrate, poor memory...these are all symptoms of anxiety. I searched for a physical cause for these symptoms for a long time before it was correctly diagnosed as anxiety. Most MD's don't diagnose it properly. Anxiety and stress can physically manifest itself in many sometimes seemingly strange ways in your body.
There is a wealth of information about it on the internet...choose reputable sites. Most treatment involves stress reduction, therapy and sometimes medications such as Paxil.
Good luck, the first step is getting it diagnosed properly.

My brother-in-law has Meniere's Disease, and many of the same symptoms. Ringing in the ears and pressure exacerbated by alcohol and salty food. He also has a lot of allergies, but I don't know if that's related to the Meniere's Disease.

Maxkxx-I have had the same exact pressure in my head for over a year. My Mri showed white matter lesions. I also have back pain,extreme confusion at times, anxiety, and ringing in the ears. I would definately get some blood work done, this could be caused by a disorder or condition in any of your organ systems. I get by blood work back on 3/03, and if I can help you in any way, I will. Hang in their, I know it gets exhausting
With love -skeyes01

I have the same symptoms, i.e. extreme pressure in my head that makes me feel lke I am going mad and makes concentrating on anything extremely difficult. It's not migraine, which I've also had numerous times, and is not 'painful' but otherwise like 'cramp' of the brain. I've suffered from this at regular intervals for many years and have not yet found a solution other than to try to sleep it off and wait for it to go away. I have told doctors, but I don't think they actually understand what I mean. It's debilitating and extremely frustrating. I wish it would be taken seriously by the medical profession!

I have ringing in the ears and lots of head pressure. It all started after a bout with pneumonia. I thought it would go away so I haven't had it checked. This morning when I woke up my face was bloated and still is a bit (7pm). Don't understand but am not going to get it checked out.