The post is quite long as I wanted to give everyone a comprehensive description on the symptoms I have been experience for past 3 years. It all started 3 years ago in January 2007, I had this fullness/dull ache feeling on upper left quadrant just below the rib cage, the fullness feeling radiates to my back in between the spine and left rib. I would burp every 3 seconds trying to relief the weird feeling in my abdomen, but it never worked, there seems to be something stuck down there in my digestive track. Even though it doesn't make me feel better I just can’t stop burping. It feels worse after meals and foods seems to just sit in my stomach for hours. I underwent a gastroscopy and dr told me I had minor reflux. I was subscribed Pariet(Rabeprazole) and after few days my symptoms went away. After another two months all symptoms came back, I took Rabeprazole again but my symptoms didnt improve at all. I went to doctor and he prescribed me Nexium(Esomeprazole), which did the trick. However symptoms again came back after a few months, this time Omeprazole worked. It was until the fourth flare-up that no medicine would fix my problem, tried everything including Lansoprazole. I then went away to travel, which apparently cured my symptoms. However, of course it came back again and again, with stronger symptoms and longer durations. That’s when I decided to go to doctors again, I did abdominal CT scan(early 2008) and ultrasound which showed nothing abnormal. The doctor doesn't have a clue on what’s wrong with me and told me its probably stress and I have to cope with it. The symptoms seem to always fix itself given it time. However, it’s taking longer and longer to disappear, with more and more extra symptoms. Some other symptoms during a flare-up includes constipation/diarrhea/acne/dry skin/chapped lips/fatigue/general sick-feeling I then thought about colon cleansing (Nov 2009), I bought some cleansing herbs from pharmacy and took very little dosage one night. I had severe diarrhea/fatigue for the next 7 days, I lost 3kg and developed chronic hives for 4 months. I never found out what caused the hives since it happened everyday even though I was eating different food/in different countries different environments. I went to hospital for a detailed check which again revealed nothing; the doctor said in gastroscopy that there weren’t even signs of reflux anymore. I have never felt well anymore, I suffer from the following symptoms up to date: Gas (Non Stop Belching and more than normal flatulence) Severe indigestion (Feeling of fullness, foul smell breath, food takes very long to digest), Fullness feeling in upper-left-abdomen IBS (Constipation and diarrhea when under stress/excitement), Abdominal cramps in morning Inability to gain any weight, in fact, I struggle to keep my weight Intolerance to fried/oily food (causes extreme discomfort and sore throat) Lactose Intolerance (Diarrhea after drinking milk, I used to be able to have milk everyday) Light brown marks on skin (appeared after hives subside, hidden allergy?) Constant fatigue Fasciculation/Muscle twitch (occurs anywhere, last less than 5 seconds), Hand/arm tremor Heart palpitation (Beating rate is normal, but feels stronger), Insomnia, Acne (links with my abdomen, when I feel worse there will be more acne) Weight loss (5% over 4 months), Stiff neck Anxiety, Nervousness, Irritable, Mood swing Hard relax my muscles, muscle tension Hard of concentration/Foggy brain Weakened Immune – Frequent cold, bit of white coated tongue, white discharge from genital(only when stressed/had poor sleep) Fragile hair Here are the tests I have done: Gastroscopy – Minor reflux 3 years ago, now Normal CBC- Normal WBC/Differentiation - Normal Blood glucose - Normal - 3 months ago Liver Functions- Normal - 3 months ago Thyroid - Normal - 3 months ago Stool test – Neg occult blood/parasite - 3 months ago Abdominal Ultrasound - Normal - 3 months ago Allergic test (IgE?)- 3 months ago, Shows I’m allergic to nothing Abdominal CT – Normal 2 Years ago Abdomen X-ray – Normal 4 months ago H-pylori breathe test- Normal 2 weeks ago Urine test - Normal Profile 19 Male. BMI 17.9 (172cm 52kg) Occupation: Student I have seen more than 8 doctors in different countries. I’m yet to find a doctor to link all my symptoms together; I just went to another dr recently she thinks anxiety are causing all my symptoms. But I think if anything it is my indigestion that’s causing my anxiety. Does anyone around have similar symptoms or can provide any information that can possibly help? I seriously need some light before this thing totally destroys me. Just some background information which I think could have caused all these: I sit in front of computer all the time when I’m home since grade 6, I would have a meal and then go back to computer and start some exciting game (which can cause indigestion I assume) I have come up with some of disease that could be causing all these but left undiagnosed: Leaky Gut/Intestine Permeability, Candida, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, Gastroparesis, Lack of HCl in stomach or other enzymes, Hormone disorder, Celiac, Lyme, Chronic Food allergy

I'm a 19 year old female student, and I have exactly the same symptoms and no-one on the NHS can diagnose me. I've had it since I was 15, and at first I was prescribed some meds from my GP which didn't work, the I was referred to the gastrointestinal department at my hospital and they did an ultrasound and found that I had acid reflux. The pain and belching continued and they went on to do every test possible in the department finding everything normal, until doing another ultrasound and finding that I had no signs of acid reflux. My dad even had to call an ambulance once I was in such agonising pain. They decided it must be IBS and continued giving me tablets but nothing made a difference. I then was referred to a dietician because there was nothing else they could do in their department, and she tried me on a FODMAP diet for 8 weeks. It again made no difference and she discharged me, and I now have continued with this for a year since without seeing any specialists.
I've recently have been considering private care to diagnose me properly/fix my problem as the NHS seem so incompetent. Although I can't offer you any advice, I was wondering if since you posted this blog, if you had made any progress towards getting it fixed and had any advice?

aznxfrost wrote:

The post is quite long as I wanted to give everyone a comprehensive description on the symptoms I have been experience for past 3 years.

It all started 3 years ago in January 2007, I had this fullness/dull ache feeling on upper left quadrant just below the rib cage, the fullness feeling radiates to my back in between the spine and left rib. I would burp every 3 seconds trying to relief the weird feeling in my abdomen, but it never worked, there seems to be something stuck down there in my digestive track. Even though it doesn't make me feel better I just can’t stop burping. It feels worse after meals and foods seems to just sit in my stomach for hours. I underwent a gastroscopy and dr told me I had minor reflux. I was subscribed Pariet(Rabeprazole) and after few days my symptoms went away.

After another two months all symptoms came back, I took Rabeprazole again but my symptoms didnt improve at all. I went to doctor and he prescribed me Nexium(Esomeprazole), which did the trick. However symptoms again came back after a few months, this time Omeprazole worked.

It was until the fourth flare-up that no medicine would fix my problem, tried everything including Lansoprazole. I then went away to travel, which apparently cured my symptoms. However, of course it came back again and again, with stronger symptoms and longer durations. That’s when I decided to go to doctors again, I did abdominal CT scan(early 2008) and ultrasound which showed nothing abnormal. The doctor doesn't have a clue on what’s wrong with me and told me its probably stress and I have to cope with it. The symptoms seem to always fix itself given it time. However, it’s taking longer and longer to disappear, with more and more extra symptoms. Some other symptoms during a flare-up includes constipation/diarrhea/acne/dry skin/chapped lips/fatigue/general sick-feeling

I then thought about colon cleansing (Nov 2009), I bought some cleansing herbs from pharmacy and took very little dosage one night. I had severe diarrhea/fatigue for the next 7 days, I lost 3kg and developed chronic hives for 4 months. I never found out what caused the hives since it happened everyday even though I was eating different food/in different countries different environments. I went to hospital for a detailed check which again revealed nothing; the doctor said in gastroscopy that there weren’t even signs of reflux anymore. I have never felt well anymore, I suffer from the following symptoms up to date:

Gas (Non Stop Belching and more than normal flatulence)
Severe indigestion (Feeling of fullness, foul smell breath, food takes very long to digest),
Fullness feeling in upper-left-abdomen
IBS (Constipation and diarrhea when under stress/excitement),
Abdominal cramps in morning
Inability to gain any weight, in fact, I struggle to keep my weight
Intolerance to fried/oily food (causes extreme discomfort and sore throat)
Lactose Intolerance (Diarrhea after drinking milk, I used to be able to have milk everyday)
Light brown marks on skin (appeared after hives subside, hidden allergy?)
Constant fatigue
Fasciculation/Muscle twitch (occurs anywhere, last less than 5 seconds),
Hand/arm tremor
Heart palpitation (Beating rate is normal, but feels stronger),
Insomnia,
Acne (links with my abdomen, when I feel worse there will be more acne)
Weight loss (5% over 4 months),
Stiff neck
Anxiety, Nervousness, Irritable, Mood swing
Hard relax my muscles, muscle tension
Hard of concentration/Foggy brain
Weakened Immune – Frequent cold, bit of white coated tongue, white discharge from genital(only when stressed/had poor sleep)
Fragile hair

Here are the tests I have done:

Gastroscopy – Minor reflux 3 years ago, now Normal
CBC- Normal
WBC/Differentiation - Normal
Blood glucose - Normal - 3 months ago
Liver Functions- Normal - 3 months ago
Thyroid - Normal - 3 months ago
Stool test – Neg occult blood/parasite - 3 months ago
Abdominal Ultrasound - Normal - 3 months ago
Allergic test (IgE?)- 3 months ago, Shows I’m allergic to nothing
Abdominal CT – Normal 2 Years ago
Abdomen X-ray – Normal 4 months ago
H-pylori breathe test- Normal 2 weeks ago
Urine test - Normal

Profile
19 Male. BMI 17.9 (172cm 52kg)
Occupation: Student

I have seen more than 8 doctors in different countries. I’m yet to find a doctor to link all my symptoms together; I just went to another dr recently she thinks anxiety are causing all my symptoms. But I think if anything it is my indigestion that’s causing my anxiety. Does anyone around have similar symptoms or can provide any information that can possibly help? I seriously need some light before this thing totally destroys me. Just some background information which I think could have caused all these: I sit in front of computer all the time when I’m home since grade 6, I would have a meal and then go back to computer and start some exciting game (which can cause indigestion I assume)
I have come up with some of disease that could be causing all these but left undiagnosed:
Leaky Gut/Intestine Permeability, Candida, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, Gastroparesis, Lack of HCl in stomach or other enzymes, Hormone disorder, Celiac, Lyme, Chronic Food allergy

If all of your test came back normal, your problems are simply one thing, you have candida. The hives you have while your on cleansing was the reaction of candida was dying off.If you had taken antibiotics in your life theres a possiblity that you'll gonna have a candida which is not seen in a lab test or blood works you had.Try to avoid sweets and carbs because this feeds the candida.Try to search on line for the supplements for how to get rid of candida and you need a strict diet.Good luck I hope this will help.

aznxfrost wrote:

Fullness feeling in upper-left-abdomen
Abdominal cramps in morning
Constant fatigue
Hand/arm tremor
Insomnia,
Weight loss (5% over 4 months),
Stiff neck
Hard relax my muscles, muscle tension
Hard of concentration/Foggy brain
Fragile hair

Here are the tests I have done:

CBC- Normal
WBC/Differentiation - Normal
Blood glucose - Normal - 3 months ago
Liver Functions- Normal - 3 months ago
Thyroid - Normal - 3 months ago
Abdominal CT – Normal 2 Years ago
Abdomen X-ray – Normal 4 months ago
Urine test - Normal

Profile
19 Male. BMI 17.9 (172cm 52kg)
Occupation: Student

I can relate to what you are going through- I have the indigestion/ belching/ can't burp symptoms for 3 years now. Do you think you may have a bacterial problem? The stool test is unreliable in detecting bacteria? Mabye you can inSIBO perhaps? Clostridium difficile? You whould investigate antibiotic treatment or ultimately, fecal bacteriotherapy.

I wonder if you have some type of intestinal worm. Get to a chiropractor that does muscle testing and will prescribe a supplement to flush out worms. Google Steven H. Horne and read about hiatal hernia. Drink hot tea and do the drop down that he describes. Do it often! I htad a friend that broke out in hives that left brown spots all over her too. She ended up having surgery but I forget the details. I will ask her. Write to me at hjhmomatyahoodotcom. Dont let the drs give you anti anxiety meds. they push it b/c drug companies push it and they want the whole world on their drugs. You don't have anxiety, you are sick and now anxious but that is not the root cause. write to me. Michele

Yes, Candida!!! You are so right! Please people...Ask your doc for a blood culture for fungus and bacteria! I wish more people were more aware of this...esspecially docs. All of those crazy symptoms are an extreme inbalance of the natural flora. Candida!!!

DId you ever sort it out? How do you feel now?

google Steven H. Horne and read his writing about hiatal hernia. My daughter had every test dr's could do including stool test. When I took her to a chiropractor he fixed the hiatal hernia and all her symptoms - like yours- disappeared. i had to take her to massage therapy for a time and frequent visits back to chiro whenever she started to have hiccups again. The vagus nerve had to be massaged along with muscles in her neck and back which were extremely tight due to the stress of the pain. Please write and let us know if you find relief. BTW, she occasionally has to drink sprite to be able to burp after a meal but its very infrequent now. Good luck

Around 4 weeks ago I started to feel very nauseus every day in between meals and I wouldnt want to eat. My stomach would then growl with hunger and I would have to eat, but could eat only small amounts. This would be followed by indigestion and tenderness in my stomach. I began to lose weight quite rapidly and became quite worried. I was certain that there was something seriously wrong with me.I was about to make an appointment to see my G.P., but decided to see my homeopathic doctor who I have been successfully going to see for years for different ailments. I dont know what he gave me, but the very next morning, there were no more feelings of sickness, and I am now able to eat near enough normally, although my meals are small. I have only been on his medicine for a few days but feel so much better. My weight has increased. I still get indigestion and my stomach feels very sore at times, but I am hoping that by the time I go back to see him in a few weeks, I will be much better.
I can really sympathise with your condition. Fortunately, you have been given the all clear on some tests which is encouraging. I would urge you to seek alternative treatment. Find a good registered homeopathic doctor, and see how you get on. After what you have been through, what have you got to lose? Good luck!!

It sounds most definately like a yeast overgrowth of candida albicans in your gut. 90% of our immune system is in our gut and if you have lived with a western society diet (high in refined sugar and carb) or taken antibiotics EVER it is possible that you have too much candida in your gut. I am sure you have already researched it to some degree as you mentioned candida in your post. Follow the herbal and diet guideline to regain the normal balance and your symptoms should disappear. I suffer from this as well and for a year it was gone but as soon as I stop taking probiotics combined with a higher sugar/carb intake symptoms like upper abdominal pain on my right side that radiates to back come back after eating sometimes, acne, ear pain, sensitivity to noise, muscle twitch, bloating, athletes foot, you name it....it all stems from Candida Albaicans.

I experience most of the things that you mentioned above. I'm getting tested for gluten sensitivity. My gastroenterologist is going to run an upper endoscopy test. Gluten sensitivity causes many neurological and digestive complications. Some of them are: schizophrenia, depression, brain fog, feeling of fullness, hunger pangs that persist 24/7, diarrhea, constipation, or a combination of both, fatigue, irritability, huge belly, weight gain/loss, muscle cramps, acid reflux, bloating and lactose intolerance.

all of your symptoms are the same as mine, except I was diagnosed with H Pylori 4 years ago, ive had 4 lots of antibiotics and still have H Pylori, I take 4 lansoprosole daily, 2 in morning 2 in evening and also have to take gaviscon regular.my GI doctor said he wont operate as im not poorly enough!!! well im the one who suffers every day not him they just don't want to know. the pain I have just under my right ribs is now becoming unbearable, and im afraid to go to doctors because I feel they think im attention seeking, they make you feel time has been wasted and they could be dealing with someone in more need, im now at the stage im afrid one day when im no longer on this earth and a post mortem is done they will tell my husband I WAS RIGHT ALL ALONG and something nasty was lurking inside and they dismissed me at every turn. I hope you feel better soon. you know your own body better than any doctor so tell them your not happy and you want something done. good luck.

I know this conversation was a long time ago but I just found it. I have most of the same symptoms as the original poster. The full feeling to the point where it is painful in a weird way, difficulty eating as a result, constipation/diarrhea (typically around 4pm. not sure why.). For a while I had trouble swallowing things, it went from pills to food, but that's a bit better now. I have recently begun tracking this and what I eat and I mean the only thing they all have in common is maybe cereal and milk I have every day for breakfast. But if I was allergic to gluten it would happen every time, which it doesn't. I went to a gastroenterologist but it wasn't helpful because I have such a hard time explaining clearly what is going on. Several of the other symptoms you listed I do have, like insomnia, anexiety, mood swings, etc but I've already been diagnosed with Depression, Anxiety, and Conversion Disorder. I haven't had significant weight loss but it has always been very hard for me to gain weight. Like, almost impossible. I have had an abdominal ct as well as blood tests, which were clear. I have always had a benign temor so I don't think that's related. Especially since it currently isn't acting up but I am experiencing those GE symptoms. It could be because of my conversion disorder theoretically but if several of us have such similar symptoms I would think that it would be something we all could have. 

I'm a female. Age 24. This stuff has been going on, off and on, for years. Oh, I also have no allergies, food or otherwise.

Guys, The answer is NOT CANDIDA , its NOT SIBO either, both of these are the outcome of another problem - LOW STOMACH ACID. When stomach acid is low it causes a myriad of problems - food is not digested properly, leaky gut, which causes deficiencies, allergies, also opportunistic bacteria and fungus thrive when stomach acid is low, because they grow in the small intestine which is now cleaned up properly by the stomach acid/bile flow, not enough bile is produced as well, which further makes things worse.

Do 2 things for 3 months - start taking Betaine HCL with Pepsin (Now Foods have a good one) with every large meal - and I mean take between 1200-2400 mg per meal (2-4 capsules of 650 mg each). Take also artichoke extract 2 capsules with every meal as well. If you have already SIBO or/and Candida - take the antibiotic Rifaximin 3x400mg for 10 days for SIBO , followed by a round of Nystatin for a week. This will treat SIBO and Candida. Then continue with Betaine HCL (Pepsin) for at least 3 months, don't stop it.

I suggest you DO NOT take any probiotics of ANY kinds until Low stomach acid problem persists, you might cause more SIBO issues even with good bacteria.

Trust me, tested on myself, this CURED ME. I had ALL your symtpoms. For real. I still take lower dosage of Betaine HCL with large meals.

Good luck everyone!

And one more thing I forgot to mention - stress is the root cause of Low stomach acid, so that might be your culprit. Sometimes after antidepressants all of those disappear in a month or two. Think of that as well. Take care.