I am looking for any diabetes patients, or people who know diabetes patients, who are treating their condition with herbs. What I am after is some info for a blog post I am currently working on. I am a bit clueless on this subject - I don't know if treating diabetes with herbs is a realistic approach?

I am no expert either. My brother has had diabetes since he was a teenager, but he treats it with pills - he has the non insulin dependant diabetes. I don't know if this is of any help to you, but I do know that there is so much that diabetics can do in terms of exercise and responsible eating habits to remain healthy and keep diabetes at arm's length. While that does not refer strictly to herbs, it is a "natural approach" to diabetes of sorts. Even doctors often tell their patients, particularly with adult onset diabetes, to work on their habits before being prescribed medication.