Hi, folks. I have problems with my father. He is 57 years old, but I think that he is not so old to forget things. But he has started with some smaller things. I am afraid this will be more serious. Can you recommend me any herbs for improving memory? I would really appreciate it. Thanks in advance.

Hi, there. I think your father’s age is the right time to start with herbs for improving memory. Most of these herbs have effect on blood vessels. They dilate them throughout the body. Among them, brain blood vessels are dilated as well. Gingko biloba is one of the most common used herbs for this purpose. It also breaks cholesterol plaques in blood vessels which compromise blood flow to the brain. You have many products on the marked based on gingko. Consult an expert if needed. Good luck!

Hi. Thanks for answering. I have heard that gingko also has many antioxidants and flavonoides. My neighbor says that ginseng is also effective for memory. It is also good for boosting an immune system. I will definitely consult an herbalist for more details on this. Thanks for all your suggestions. Bye!

A good herbal infusion would be :

A quarter of a teaspoon of rosemary (dry) (or just a pinch of fresh) in a cup. Then heat water to just below the boiling point (as soon as the water seems to be about to boil) and pour it into the cup. If you are using dry rosemary, wait for it to brew for 15 mins, or for fresh herbs brew for 2-3 mins. Give it to your father to drink twice or thrice a day in nearly empty stomach i.e. when the previous meal has been nearly digested. In a week or so it should show some improvements.

NB: There are other brain and health tonics too, but I find Rosemary to be the most appealing (aesthetically) because of its amazing soft aroma.

Blessed Be.