Can someone tell me the best diet for controlling type II diabetes - I am newly diagnosed :'(

Low carb is always best but I wouldn't think you would need to follow a particular (Atkins) plan, there are some homeopathic supplements that help (Benfotiamine) not to mention if you just love carbs there are some carb blocking non flavored powders to sprinkle on your food to limit the bodies absorption of carbs, I think around 50-75%...best advice is to research, make a plan your body is comfortable with, trial & error.

Hello, I am also diabetic but I am following a special diet where the quantity of food you eat is NOT restricted. However the type of food is!
Also I am taking homeopathic remedies to detox my body.
I have also lost 3 kgs in one month.
AND my sugar levels are great, considering I dont take ANY western medications (even though I have been given two tablets Metformin and Gliclazide to take.
The rate I am going, I am hoping to fall to prediabetic levels in a month or so. Just to give you an idea, my fasting levels (without taking any medications) has been around 10-11 mmol/L. In one month ( Jan 2010) my lowest reading was 5.8 and the highest was 8.3.

I eat as much as I want. Only difference it WHAT I eat.
There is also a video
about reversing diabetes, you might like to see it.

Good luck

***edited by moderator*** web addresses not allowed

Cinnamon: The connection of diabetes and cinnamon has been studied in various researches and studies. The results have revealed that cinnamon if used by diabetics helps in improving the metabolism of glucose in the body of diabetics. It also plays a significant role in reversing the resistance towards insulin. ½ tsp cinnamon daily helps the diabetics to prevent the dangerous blood sugar levels. Soaking a bar of cinnamon in tea helps in controlling the blood sugar level.

So far my wife have stop using insulin 4times a day 3 years ago and now she's free of any diabetes as she took supplements now.