Can you tell me if it is possible to be allergic to insulin? My father is 59 years old and from now on he will have to use insulin because he was diagnosed with diabetes. But I have heard that some patients are not responding well to the therapy because of the allergic reaction. Is that true?

It actually is. This means that he would have to go through the desensitization therapy, which would make him adjust to that medication. Still, he was not even diagnosed with that kind of allergy and there is a great chance that his body will accept the insulin which would help him immediately.

Hallo,
Unfortunately I have to tell you that this is possible. People in some cases are allergic to insulin and if they are diabetic this can cause a lot of problems for them. You have to understand that his condition can be managed with food and healthy life but if he is not able to receive insulin he will have a hard time. His blood sugar has to be monitored constantly because this disease can be life threatening. As he gets older he will notice more problems in his life caused by diabetes. I hope that he will manage to find a way to get over this issue.

All the best to you,
Karen

I dont understand how you can be allergic to insulin, if the pancreas creates insulin within the body?

you are not allergic to the insulin in itself its the additive and presevitive that causes the problemso the pancreas does it naturally but this stuff we take is man made