Hi, folks. My mother has been diagnosed with diabetes type 2. Her doctor recommends diet and medications. He doesn’t think that she should take insulin at the moment. I would like to know if she can take some herbs for this type of diabetes. Can you recommend me something? I will appreciate your help.

Hello to you too. I understand your concern. Diabetes type 2 is in fact a metabolic disease. Your mother should really be careful what she takes. There are many herbs that can have the positive effect on this disease. You cannot expect to cure it, but it can prevent some serious complications. Aloe vera is believed to reduce of the needed amount of antidiabetic drug called glibenclamide. Ginseng also helps with the regulation of blood sugar. Bitter melon also helps in this regulation. I recommend you to consult an expert before giving your mother any herb. Bye!