If you have diabetes, what kind of doctor do you see? I heard that my cousin was recently diagnosed with prediabetes but that the doctor was not too worried. Apparently during this stage, changing your life style will do wonders and can turn over the effects of the prediabetes. As far as I know, my cousin never saw any doctor other than his regular GP for all of this. Is that normal? What kind of doctor treats diabetes?

Prediabetes is more common than you might think, and I am not surprised that only the GP diagnosed your cousin's prediabetes. If he does what the doctor told him to, he will probably never have a need to see a specialist. If it does get to that stage, he would be treated by an endocrinologist.

Hi there,
Pre diabetes is very common among people and people get this before they get diabetes type 2. You have to understand that his blood sugar levels are little higher than normal but not too high to diagnose diabetes. The good thing is that he starts to monitor his blood sugar levels on regular basis and if he notices any changes in his blood sugar level he should talk to his doctor. His doctor will most likely send him to endocrinologist for further testing. How is his weight right now? I know that he needs to monitor weight as well with good and healthy diet accompanied with regular exercise at least three days a week. Good luck.