Hi, my husband suffers from diabetes, and he uses drugs regularly. I heard from a friend that cinnamon helps in managing diabetes, and I’m wondering if it’s true. I don’t want to propose it to my husband until I hear that it really works.

Hi, cinnamon really helps in reducing blood sugar levels. It also helps with LDL lipoprotein, triglycerides and total cholesterol. However, cinnamon can not help in Type 1 Diabetes and insulin dependent. It can only help in Type 2 diabetes by taking 1/4 teaspoonful 2-3 times a day. You can add it to your coffee, tea or anything else that you drink or eat. If you decide to try this, be very patient, because it usually takes 40 days to notice the first results. It would be the best if your physician monitors your blood sugar levels. Because there are many different types of cinnamon, be sure that you found the right one, which is called Cinnamomun cassia.

I was dignosed with borderline diabetes last November , my sugar was 130 and my red blood cells were at 7% sugar , I started taking cinamon capsules ,just one every morning ,and my doctor tested my blood last week [ end of May] and my sugar is 117 and my red blood cells are at 5%. So the cinamon has brought my levels below the diabetic levels . I am a little overweight , but play tennis 4 times a week .[ Iam 6' 1" and weigh 220 lbs ]
Hope this helps someone .......

You must ensure that what you consume is real Cinnamon and not Cassia. Cassia could be toxic due to the high coumarin content.

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** web addresses not allowed*** 

hello there, i found urs really useful .. it is fabulous work but u have really done a blunder when u finished it saying that Cinnamomun cassia is the real cinamon.. actually that is the one which is harmful to ur health.. please check this link to know more...

sorry i forgot to add the link for the cinamon...

this is d one..
***edited by moderator*** web addresses not allowed

My father has type 2 diabetes and his doctor mentioned to him that cinnamon could possible help. I suggest that you consult your physician and ask that question.