Please, does somebody have any experience with Pyelonephritis? Is it usual that a Pyelonephritis patient has high fever and flank pain? What are the main sings of this kidney infection? I’m asking all of this because I think that I have it. I will go to see my doctor tomorrow. Should I need to do any tests? Thank you!

Yes, you have right, the high fever and flank pain and are the most common symptoms of pyelonephritis. The others are: urinary pain, urinary frequency, chills, nausea and vomiting. You will need to do blood and urine tests, and probably your doctor will ask something more (like X-rays) to confirm diagnosis.

Hello there,

Since you are seeing your doctor tomorrow try not to worry that much about this entire situation but instead try to relax. The things you can do to improve your current condition (if you are right and you are suffering from kidney infection) is to increase intake of water and lemonade into your organism. This will help to flush out your kidneys. Also if you have some cranberry juice and cranberry tea take them as well because they are great for any type of urinary and kidney problems and infections.

After some tests and urine analysis your doctor will diagnose you and if you are suffering from kidney infection you will be prescribed with antibiotics. This is the common treatment option.