Hi, I have chronic type of pyelonephritis. I got it after 2 episodes of acute p, which was not treated properly. As a result, I have this condition now, I am very frightened for my health, and I know that kidneys are very important organs. I would like to know if pyelonephritis can cause death?

If not treated, pyelonephritis might lead to a complete shutdown of kidney function. Kidneys are very important organs and their function is very critical. But this will not happen in your case. I suggest you to do urine test again, see what is the bacteria that causes you your problems. Then, you can destroy it!

Hello Patton,

This condition can lead to death only if you don’t do anything about it or better say if you don’t treat it properly.

So you should follow instructions your doctor gave you and not to play with this. Drink your antibiotics and you should get rid of that nasty infection.

Also, you need to drink a lot of fluids such as water and lemonade because this will help your body to flush down bacteria which is causing this infection.

And few of my friends with similar problems as you (urinary tract infections and bladder infections) are using cranberry products such as cranberry tea and cranberry juice because it is known fact that cranberry is very good for all urinary problems.