Hi! I’m 25 years old. Last week I noticed all signs of urinary tract infection. I didn’t go to doctor because it wasn’t so painful. I was drinking a lot of water and lemonade and I feel better now. But I’m worried because my period is late for 5 days. Maybe I’m pregnant. Can I got pregnant while having UTI?

Yes. It’s common to get a UTI and also be pregnant. But all symptoms of UTI are very similar with symptoms of pregnancy. Also pregnancy can cause UTI. You should do a test for pregnancy and see. Or maybe you should go to doctor and try to treat UTI with some medications.

Yes you could be pregnant while having UTI. and you shouldn’t be avoiding seeing your doctor because it is very important to drink medications and by medications I think antibiotics!

So first thing is first, you need to consult your doctor. Than explain to him the situation. first he will do blood test to confirm if you are pregnant and then he will do urine analysis to determine are you suffering from urinary tract infection. If you are pregnant and you suffer from UTI he will prescribe you Amoxicillin because it is safe for you and your baby.

And continue to drink a lot of water and lemonade and maybe even cranberry juice and cranberry tea. These are very good for urinary tract issues.