My back hurts. The pain is radiating to the groins and it lasts for a minute or two. I think I may have developed kidney stones. What are the symptoms of kidney stone?

Hi. I have kidney stones and the most common symptom you can feel is extreme, sharp pain in the back or in the lower abdomen. With time, pain spreads to the groin. Other symptoms are nausea and vomiting. People who develop kidney stones may have some blood in the urine, and they feel an urge to urinate. Often, a burning sensation will follow urination. If you have fever, you probably have an infection.

Hello klayman,

If you are experiencing this type of pain it is most likely that you are suffering from kidney stones or even maybe kidney infection. Whatever it is you will have to see your doctor as soon as possible. it would be best to do some urin and blood tests so your doctor can confirm analysis. Also for kidney stones ultrasound will be needed to determine the size and the number of the stones.

Usually the best treatment is painkillers and drinking a lot of water so the stones can pass on their own. This is very painful but at least you don’t need any type of a procedure. Lemonade is also good in helping breaking the stones.