Recently I had a huge problem with a kidney stone. It passed through my urinary system after three days. Those days I was suffering from a strong and constant pain. I drank plenty of water. Does anybody know is anything else besides water good to drink for kidney stones! What did you try?

Hi! When I had a kidney stone, I also was drinking a lot of plain water. And, as I can remember, I was taking lemonade. I heard somewhere that citric acid can be good for the kidney stone break down. I also know that mild tea can be useful. Anyway you kidney then need a lots of fluid.

Hi leif,

I know how you are feeling! My father is suffering from urinary tract issues as well and till now he had few kidney stones problems.

He was drinking lemonade besides plain water because his doctor has recommended this and he said that citric acid (lemon contains it) is helping in breaking stones. Anyhow you need to drink a lot of fluids to flush down those kidneys.

Also he has started with cranberry products, cranberry tea and cranberry juice, because we have heard that cranberry is very good for all urinary tract issues.

Also he was using red and green tea during the painful days when his kidney stones were passing and he says it was good. I hope this was helpful.  

If the kidney stones are Uric Acid (not Calcium Oxalate) then a heaping teaspoon of Bicarbonate of Soda (baking soda) washed down with a quart of water will buffer the urine sufficiently to allow the stones to dissolve. They will be passed when they are the size of grains of sand, usually within 2 hours.

I just read your note. This makes good sense. Thanks

I EAS TOLD TO DRINK 1 TEASPOON OF PURE CRANBERRY JUICE MIX IT IN A 8 OZ GLASS OF WATER

so is the cranberry juice good for the kidneys

I was told once by the ER that cranberry juice was ok for UTI but not for kidney stones. Your urologist's opinion may differ and i would go with their opinion.

From what I've read tea has caffeine and oxilatethat is bad for stines.Im reading lemons,oranges,pomegranate, beet juice and pineapple and mangos!Suggery caffeine carbonated drinks are bad,artificial sweetners,dairy products are bad! Red wine good! Too much protein and processed foods,potato chips bad too.Spinach,bad too