i have a high heart rate when resting but im at the gym every day im trying to reduce my heart rate as i keep failing the step test for the fire brigade the problem is before i start the test im nervous and my heart rate starts to climb and as im going on to the final level the fitness instructor stops me as ive reached my 85% max heart rate im only failing by 2 points is there any medication i could use to lower this ?

Hi! I heard ur story my friend u have a high resting heart rate: here's my best advice avoid all drinks that contain caffeine and coz u work out why u dont try having to go to hospital to check ur laboratory test like glucose,potassium,magnesium test if they are in n0rmal level also tried the t3, t4 for thyroid test coz thats involve for proper functioning of our heart. Also include the CBC bloodTEST FOR anemia or infection findings. Try to request all that test to the doctor and it should be a great help to u. And for the medicines ur asking why dont u try a beta-BLOCKER LIKE BETALOC(METOPROLOL), IT WILL CONTROL UR HEART RATE. THANKS GOOD LUCK.