Can you tell me something about cycling heart rate zone training? I’ve noticed that my heart is beating very fast while I’m riding. It is already unpleasant and I can’t seem to catch my breath only after several miles. Am I doing something incorrectly and can this be the result of a heart condition? I hope I won’t have to quit cycling.

Here are few simple things that’ll make you all this clear. There are five heart rate zones and they’re determined by dividing one’s maximum heart rate and resting heart rate. These zones are: healthy heart zone (50-60% of your maximum heart rate) recovery zone (60-70%), aerobic zone (70-80%), anaerobic zone (80-90%) and red line zone (90-100%). You should have your heart examined in order to see why you have those problems. If your hear is healthy, you should still be careful and never cross the anaerobic zone, at least until you have the problems. Calculate your resting heart rate by lying for twenty minutes and then feel your pulse. After that you’ll be able to calculate heart rate zone you’re in during the training.