Good evening, people. I drink every morning coffee. I don’t eat breakfast, so I take coffee on an empty stomach. Lately, I started to feel acid reflux in my stomach. Is this normal? I would like to know how coffee affects your empty stomach. I would really appreciate this. Thanks in advance.

Hello. Coffee shouldn’t be drunk on an empty stomach. I used to do that. Coffee stimulates gastric acid to secrete. If this acid is secreted in high amount, then it eats up the gastric mucosa. If this continues, then gastritis or ulcer may develop. That is why it is better to take little food in the morning and after that your morning coffee. It is healthier. You won’t feel heartburn anymore. I hope you’ll listen to my advice. Bye!

u r lazy

I am not a breakfast eater, is this why i feel like I am going to throw up after drinking coffee on an empty stomache, I am always drinking my morning coffee on an empty stomache with no food, and I am 1 month away from 50.

I've always had breakfast in the morning upon waking up. For the change this Monday I've started to skip breakfast and just drink coffee on an empty stomach. I have to say, I feel energized right after the coffee. I've been struggling with my weight for 5 years and I must say that since I've started skipping breakfast and drinking coffee on an empty stomach; my appetite seems to be suppressed. I'm not hungry all the time as I used to be and I have less cravings. This does not necessarily mean that it will be good for you, you just have to try it out and see how your body reacts to a certain lifestyle. Greetings from Belgium.
Günes

i think it's really bad for health last night at my work i was hungry and all markets closed. and there was 3 bag of coffee was in bag. i drunk 3 cup coffee and now i'm not able to stand up. my stomach hurts soo much feels like acid is killing me from inside

Drinking coffee on an empty stomach produces an even greater increase in stomach acid, and can cause stomach pain almost immediately

I did not ask for personal opinions.  I expected to receive results of studies of a group, not individuals.

thank you for sharing about the affect of caffeine. i also suffer from gastric right after i drink coffee or tea. so, i was actually searching for some treatment.