Hi, I didn't want to bother my doctor in case this was nothing, but here goes:

Sometimes after eating a meal, I experience:
*feeling of being very hungry
*hollowness in stomach
*gnawing feeling from my throat/esophagus down to my stomach
*tightness in my throat

I have no clue as to what can cause this. I haven't experienced any unusual weight loss. I also have vasovagal syncope/neurocardiogenic syncope, and IBS. Not sure if anything is related.

Thanks.

I have been having the exact same feeling that you describe of a hollow empty feeling in my stomach after having eaten food. I have recently been diagnosed with a hiatus hernia and GORD (Gastric Oesophagal Reflux Disease) and can only assume that the above symptom is related. It will be worth you checking out your symptoms against the illnesses mentioned above.

Good luck

I have had the same feeling for a few days now. I've had it before too. It is so weird and it's driving me nuts! My neck feels really warm too. I'm glad I'm not the only one who's had this. I couldn't even figure out how to describe it until I read this. If you figure out what it might be please let me know!

Dear All,
Happy to read forum regard to the problem I too encountered. I have been having this feeling years ago, and eventually convert myself to pure vegetarian. It work for about 20 years feeling okay, but somehow or rather, the feeling returned. Especially sensitive to anything sour. I was treated with Acid Reflex medication. no heart burn, no gastric pain but just that kind of hunger, empty feeling, tight throat like some gas is trying to push out throught the mouth. Hope some one could join in to share the experience and suggestion.

I just had a surgery on Jul 1st,2008. part of my liver was removed and also goldbluder. I have all the symptoms of hunger and empty stomach with a lot of loud sounds from my stomach.
Please if any one had have same experience, and know how to deal with it, let me know.

TO ALL!

i had this experince and i know how to fix it
you may be feeling hungry and keep eatting and eatting still feel hungry

this is caused by worrying about something not just that it can be any feeling even small things or random things that you been thinking hard

example:
waiting for something and worrying if something gonna go wrong
or waiting for a GAME to come out and worrying if its gonna be all gone.
or little things like going shopping and saw a good top that has only 5 left and walking way and thinking if its still gonna be there.

this is what caused this hollow feeling
you must think well what you been thinking and worring or even stress

think well what you have been worrying about and if you figured it out
then do something that you been worring about. or try thinking "i know the problem now so i dont need to worry" and think you ready baught or did the thing you were worrying about!

HAPPY FEELING!

Thanks for that, i can work on my problem now. MERRY XMAS

I thought I was alone in this. This is so relieving to find other people who feel the same way...not that I would wish this on anyone. I'm just happy I'm not alone.
However, I've been going through this for about 2 1/2 years now. No insurance so I can't go get it checked out. I'm fatigued, I feel empty even though I've eaten, I feel nauseous and then I have these crazy belches! It comes and goes. I went months without feeling like this and recently it started up again. I've noticed a pattern with it as well. It seems worse during periods of high stress in my life. It all started when I lost my job and wasn't working. THings seemed to subside when I was blessed with the job I still currently have. Then family health issues came to pass and it seemed to pick back up. Eventually it subsided again for awhile. Just recently, there has been a lot of trauma going on around me and then my father was told he may have cancer and what do you know, these feelings have returned. I think Stress has a LOT to do with this. It's hard not to worry or think about these things when it seems that every time you turn around you're bombarded with more negative. As of yet, I have found NOTHING to help ease the discomfort. Antacids don't work, eating doesn't help, and sleep does nothing. So if anyone has any clue as to anything that might help, please let me know.

Have had this feeling as well. I've had numerous testing done by different experts. Amazingly I am healthy as heck according to all of them and each has told me that they don't know what's really wrong. The only bad things I do have are, allergies, asthma, reflux, and some dental problems that were corrected. Other than that nothing else.

I've also had this bubbling in my throat kind of sensation. Most times this comes with lack of sleep or stress. I drink some sugar water (two teaspoons of heaping sugar to 2 cups of water). The bubbling eventually stops, otherwise I have to sleep it off. I sometimes would hang myself upside down for a little bit (not too long).

As for the empty feeling, this is all reflux stuff. I had to plan out my days with proper diet, sleep, reducing stress, learning how to handle any stress, and took proper medication.

Once I followed a routine things got a lot better. I still have bad days but I now can fix it.

The best is getting over any denial that I had about stress and what the causes were. I am a type A and need to have control over things. But learning how to let go, although hard, was the best thing for me.

I am writing with the same feelings all of you described at this time. I just ate some simple foods and took my antacids. I am beginning to feel better but it comes with feeling nausea just before that.

One other thing, I had to get checked by an ENT for my dizziness and post nasal. I found out that shaking my leg and too much computer work actually made me dizzy. I had to reduce the amount of computer use making things planned and more efficient and effective. The leg shaking I had to stop by being aware. I do it, but I can stop it.

You should ask your internist about getting a full check just in case. If you get motion sickness, get tested for it and see what you can do to reduce your symptoms.

Good luck all and you are all in my prayers.

I had this same problem for about a year and a half. I was tested for hypoglycemia, diabetes, and thyroid issues and all came out clean. My OB/GYN was convinced it was a progesterone issue and we tried different versions of the birth control pill. It seemed to happen two weeks into my cycle and then right before I was to start my period. So two weeks out of the month miserable. This issue caused me serious nausua and migraines. After trying all the different pills, I finally just went off them completely and it seems to have helped the problem. I don't know if you are taking birth control but if you are you might speak with your dr. about that.

Hi there, I also have been going throught before my period....in fact this is the 3rd month in a row that its happaned. Not only do I get nausea and that feeling in my stomach, but I find it really hard to eat. Im not on the pill and haven

intestinal ulcers. betcha. hard to diagnose, but this is exactly what most of you are describing. not the typical stomach ulcer, but the intestinal ones. they flare up at certain times too, so extremely difficult to diagnose and pinpoint.

wow...i have gone through so many forums and it feels better knowing that I am not the only one experiencing this. for the past week or so, I have had constant belching followed with some reflux. i occasionaly get a gnawing burning sensation in my stomach and feel so much pressure in my chest and throat which causes me to forcefully belch. I do suffer from stress and anxiety and I wonder if that is worsening my symptoms or the cause of them. Ive never had stomach problems before and it all started when my grandmother passed away from colon cancer last november. about a month after she passed, everything started. I went to the hospital earlier this year because of severe stomach pains only to find out I had an ovarian cyst. I lost a good 10lbs because I hadnt been eating well the weeks prior to the hospitalization in fear that anything I ate would upset my stomach, and I weighed 100-105 before, and so I looked like a skeleton. I've been trying to eat atleast 3 meals a day and have yet to gain back any weight. I used to be on the pill and it would make me nautious so I got off of it, but had to get back on because of the ovarian cyst. I was fine for awhile but lately my indigestion/belching and stomach aches are occuring more frequent. I used to drink a lot of ibuprofin and naproxen but I have gone almost 6 months with out them. I do smoke, and have not had a beer/alcohol since new years. I did used to eat a lot of spicy foods but I stopped last August also. I just wonder if it is all the stress that is causing my stomach problems, if it could be my pill, or if there is something wrong. My doctor gave me Dexelant (similar to Nexium) and I was on it for a week before my stomach began to hurt. It may have been too strong or it was the ovarian cyst. I dont know what to do anymore. My doctor pretty much thinks I'm crazy. If anyone has anything which could help, please let me know. I feel like its controlling my life, and I dont know how to stop it. :'(

I too have had this. It often happens in times of high stress. My symptoms include: -empty, kind of tight feeling in the upper region of my stomach -the urge (almost need) to burp -feeling the need to throw up it's always sudden -even after I eat it still persists -tightness in my throat I recently (4 days ago) had sex and while it was protected, I thought I could be pregnant and I began stressing about that. While the more I read, I'm leaning to the conclusion that I'm not pregnant but I still stress about it. I've had all the above symptoms before but there's one new one, a cramping in my lower stomach when I wake up in the morning but it goes away when I get up. Could this be pregnancy or a reaction to stress? My dentist has also said that I have a senstitve gag reflex, it tends to get worse when I'm stressed. (such as when I'm at the dentist) Please help me with this issue and tell me your opinions. Thank you so much!

I always get all of these symptoms after I've been stressed for a period of time.  I do not experience the symptoms while I'm actually stressing, they end up coming after, as if the stress is catching up with me, and I experience them for weeks to months.  I absolutely hate this and I'm currently feeling these symptoms and have been for at least a month, and I know that it is due to school pressure and personal reasons that I stressed about previously.  Even though I recognize that these symptoms are from stress, I continuously tell myself this but it doesn't seem to help, and the symptoms end up going away randomly, but there is no indication as to when they will.  My doctor agreed that it was probably stress as well, and told me to relax more, but it is honestly driving me crazy.  I used to go out with my friends all the time, but now I constantly have thoughts at the back of my head saying "what if I get sick or don't feel well" or something. It's as if these feelings are actually controlling me and restricting me from leaving the house unless I have to, when before, these thoughts would never ever even come close to entering my mind, and I wouldn't think twice about going out or making plans in general.  I've recently been going for walks in the morning, and it has kind of relieved me a little bit, but the feelings remain.  Hopefully there's something that can be done about this, because it really interferes with my daily life.