How much do you eat? I want to lose a few pounds I’ve put during the past few months and I’ve started running. But it seems all in vain since I haven’t lost an ounce and I’ve been running for 5 months now. I reduced the amount of food I eat, but I do eat sweets and fast food only in smaller quantities. Do you have any suggestion on how to lose weight?

Most certainly not if you eat sweets and fast food. I’m not saying that you should live on air and water, but it’s not enough just to start running or swimming and to expect that you’ll be slender in no time. Some serious cuts in your diet must be made if you want to lose weight. Many people start dieting in order to lose some weight and as soon as they’ve reached the desired weight they return to their previous regime and that’s wrong because the results of the diet disappear very soon. So, I suggest that you completely get rd of sugar in your diet, at least for the first few months, in order to start and accelerate your metabolism. You should also avoid fast food with large quantities of salt and fats. I don’t eat little but I try to stay out of simple sugars and food that is nit healthy.

I would definately say cut back even more on sweets and fast food. Not only will your body thank you, but so will your wallet.

I don't know if you have already cut out pop yet, but if you haven't those beverages are only adding extra calories. I used to drink about one can of pop a day last year. When I first stopped and starting running occasionally [only once a week], I lost weight fairly fast. Granted it wasn't a lot of weight, but if you also start trading things like pizza for sub sandwiches, fries for a side of fruit, etc...the obstacle of burning fat comes more readily.

For losing weight, nutrition is more important than exercise.
Sure you can treat yourself with an occasional fast food meal or a sweat (lets say once a week), no problem with that but make sure you eat right most of the time.

No white bread, no sodas or any other juices (except for freshly juiced), no sweets, cut down on diary, lose of the habit of frying stuff, eat more raw, steamed or cooked (not for long and not on high temperatures), more fruits on an empty stomach, veggies and use honey instead of sugar.

both are important - nutrition and exercise...
when eating bread, pasta.. eat it alone - without any sauces, eat chicken, but without rice or bread or potatoes ...
eat fruit, but in the morning or before lunch.
drink plenty water - 0 calories.. we usually get a lot of calories from drinking sodas, juices etc.