i have drank very little in my lifetime. I am now 60, female, healthy. When i was younger, i drank Tom Collins occasionally and after a while my stomach would hurt. So I don't drink Vodka. I will drink a Margarieta occassionaly, but recently, drinking any alcohol causes my stomach to hurt real bad - like spasms - What could be the cause of this?

Hi, I am no expert but I may have some suggestions. I would also like to ask if you saw a doctor about this matter. Could it be that you have some problems with liver functioning?

The only reasonable answer I can think of, as an non-expert, is that those gastric juices (acids) that are being produced more than usual when alcohol is introduced into the system may irritate stomach lining and cause your pain. I also know that there’s an increase in pancreatic and intestinal secretions and they too could be a reason for your pain.

Or you could have problems or be intolerant on some alcohol ingredients.

I am not sure that there would be any cure for this if you suffer of certain ingredients’ intolerance except for avoiding alcohol.

Good day!

I agree, visiting doctor should definitely be the first option. So, this what happens generally means that alcohol affects badly your stomach and that you should quit drinking it. Stomach ache and chest pain after drinking alcohol are two very common things that can happen. Nothing unusual, if you ask me. Maybe you should seek for some natural cure, something that can help you in dealing with this, but you can also notice that your stomach does not tolerate alcohol in any case. I had a lot of abdominal pain and I have visited my doctor immediately. Anyone who has this problem should do it as well. 

could be gastritis. Im having the same problem at the moment and i think it is becausse i drank vodka redbull only last night. I have read that this is common after mixing vodka with fizzy drinks and that the stomach lining cant take it. I would recommend seeing a doctor incase it is gastritis.

yes, and it simply means that alcohol is harming your stomach, causing you some problems, such as stomach pain, such as chest pain after drinking alcohol, etc. That all are the signs that your body is trying to tell you something. Some people have a problem when they are drinking a very small amount of the alcohol, so they are avoiding it. It happens because we all do know that alcohol is a chemical substance that is rapidly metabolized in the body and is known to generate reactive oxygen species. In that case, it causes oxidative damage to the cells and tissues in the gastrointestinal tract. Very simple when you put it better. 

I'm pretty young, younger than 18 and I drink alot of alcohol; especially vodka. I always feel a sharp intense pain in my stomach. It gets to point where I can hardly walk. What's the problem? Everyone else around me can easily consume alcohol and have a good time but it's only me that's in pain when drinking. What can I do to not feel this pain anymore while drinking?

If you were of age 21, I would drink one shot of vodka and then drink some Bud Light/Coors Light. If that doesn't work then try natural light.

Vodka Red Bull is what caused my stomach pain...I just drank some aloe vera liquid and have been eating an alkaline diet...it seems to help...but DONT DRINK VODKA RED BULL

hi, i'm... underage, and i've always had the occasional drink at a party ever since i was in about grade 7, and i recently came home from a party last night, and i downed a whole mickey of straight rum in about an hour or 2, i felt fine, i was drunk, felt like top of the world... but then it just HIT me, i was listenin to tunes, singing lol... when i just had to puke, i puked problably close to 10 times, and im fairly certain its all out of my system, and yet i woke up this morning, only to be shakey, have bad gas and stomach pains, and want to puke badly, but i still haven't... i still might be drunk i think? but i doubt it... i just feel really funny and was wondering if ANYONE knows how to cure this, i drank alot of water already and took some pepcid, doesnt seem to help... and in my bath this morning, i almost passed out, i felt terrible and wanted to puke everywhere, SUGGESTIONS ANYONE?!

i'm 21 and lately had very bad stomach problems after i drink its not the typical i drank a bottle of vodka now i fell like c**p (by the way anybody who drinks a whole bottle should know they are gonna feel like c**p) for me its i drink 2 or 3 beers (i'm not drunk at all) i feel fine tell the middle of the night after i have fallen asleep ill wake up about two hours after i went to sleep with the worst pain in my guts and i feel like puking very badly but cant the only time i did it was a green red mix similar to blood and stomach bile. this also happens after eating greasy food. if anybody has any idea what this might be fell free to let me know.

I have the perfect cure!! One that is sure to work! Hands down...want to know what it is...DON"T DRINK!!

i am 22, an i have the same problem. i rearly drink b/c of this. but when i do, after a couple of beers or shots, my stomach hurts an i cant drink. i tried a lot of different things, but what seem to work is drinking water on a reg basic, and not drinking alch. But everybodys body is different. U must 1st ask urself,....do i take pills often, do i drink often, how often do i drink water(no soda), how often do i eat. If u drink lots of water an eat at lease twice a day, an dont drink or pop pills often, see ur doctor. i did an i had a liver problem.

This sounds like alcohol poisoning... try not drinking so much. Keep it at about 1 standard drink an hour or one every half hour for a maximum of 4 hours. then you should be ok...

Guest wrote:

Guest wrote:

when i just had to puke, i puked problably close to 10 times, and im fairly certain its all out of my system, and yet i woke up this morning, only to be shakey, have bad gas and stomach pains, and want to puke badly, but i still haven't...

I don't know about alcohol poisoning (it makes sense, considering how much he drank) but I have similar (although slightly less severe) symptoms when I have more than two beers or two cups of wine. Easiest solution - stop drinking. If you don't want to do that, drink less at a time, and drink more water/eat something when you are consuming alcohol so that your stomach has more of a buffer. Also, if you still have these problems with a small amount of alcohol, definitely talk to your doctor. It could be ulcers, or a liver problem. Either way, you don't want to ignore it! As soon as I have health insurance again I am going to mention this to my doctor. I already know it isn't stomach ulcers in my case, but it doesn't rule out other problems.

I have observed that this pain can be lessened/made somewhat bearable with the aid of a lovely chemical called Tetra-hydro Cannabinol. I am not a fan of smoking so I recommend vaporizing said chemical from dried cannabis, using a Volcano for the same purpose, or eating it. Medical Marijuana is legal in some states/Countries, so it may be possible for you to acquire a prescription if you have chronic stomach problems (though probably not if it is just caused by drinking)
I hope these thoughts help

i kinda have this same problem only mine occurs after i drink mtn dew or any carbonated drink...this has also happened before when i drank nothing but water??? im unsure of what is going on but it feels like i cant walk,talk,eat,drink ect...it is a paralysing pain and NOTHING works!!! and smoking (if smoking when it hits it hurts WORSE than ever before)!!!! but anyway i guess the point i am getting at is i have a gastric ulser and im figuring this is what is wrong!!! all you pple out there that are drinking a bottle of vodka need to get checked out because if u can drink a bottle of vodka you have been drinking way more than 2 or 3 beers before!!! gastric ulsers are not good!!! the thing that made me take action on mine was i threw up pure blood(no stomach acid or anything) it was pure blood...any of you out there that dont wanna seek medical advice??? (im not a doctor so im not saying this going to help,treat or cure you in anyway) before i seek medical attention i took prilosec OTC and it helped but im not saying take this then drink till your heart is content...what i Am saying is STOP drinking ALCOHOL of any type and treat your condition...it'll save you a lot of pain~~~

by the way it can take up to 8 months to completely cure a ulser!!