PVC's and allergy??? Are they connected? Could allergy be the cause of my problems that are with me for almost 4 years now. I am 35 years old and I just noticed that some things such as strong perfumes and cologne could cause my PVC's. Sounds strange but that is what I have experienced. How am I to check this medically?

To be honest, I am not that sure about that connection. Perfume allergy and PVC, it just do not seem that probable. Anyway, you are free to try experimenting. Exclude the use of perfumes and cologne for some time and see what happens. On the other hand, you do realize that anything that raises your adrenaline level can activate PVC.

I am convinced that there is a correlation. If I don't use my nasal spray, I am almost certain to have more PVC's.

Also, I have grass and dust mite allergies. When I am driving, I can scientifically start PVC's when I put the air on fresh instead of recirculate.

Sounds crazy but it is true!

yes I concur if i sit underneath a ceiling fan that may be dusty I experience pvc's as well I wish I knew what the correlation was Sinusitis and pvc's seem to go hand in hand

I just searched for cologne and PVC because I have just this evening realized the primary commonality everytime I have a run of pvc's is that I am using a certain cologne. It may be just a coincidence and I haven't any hard recorded data of use/occurance of PVC, but I'm really starting to wonder if this cologne isn't causing my PVC's. My PVC's started around the exact time I bought this new cologne and going by memory, seem to occur only within 24 hours of having worn it or the aftershave of the same fragrance.....

hmmm.....

While it sounds crazy, I notice PVCs occasionally (albeit still quite rarely) if I do not take my allergy medication. I have severe environmental allergies including mold, dust mites, almost all tree pollens, almost all weed pollens and almost all grass pollens. While it does seem crazy to think there's a connection, I can't help but notice it myself.

I have known that I throw PVCs for only a year and a half...but only in the summer. At my last appointment with my cardiologist in December, I told him that the PVCs were worst in August...almost enough for me to call him for meds (something I really hate). His next question was...Do you have allergies? He stated that Ragweed peaks the middle of August and I reminded him that I went to the ER on August 8th when I was first having problems with them. I can drink coffee in the winter, but in the summer...PVCs galore so I go off caffiene. This summer will go back on meds as needed to keep the symptoms under control.

I am SO glad to find this thread. I am the poster-child for heart health. Total cholesterol is 104, avg BP is 110/70, BPM avg 77. I too have severe grass allergies that where diagnosed when I moved from Florida to Kentucky. I am 50 years old. Three years ago in March, I started having severe palpitations and was told these were benign PVC's. And now, every year, (almost like clock work), from about the end of March through the end of May/beginning of June I have mild PVC's. Which also coincides almost exactly when my allergies are at their worst. Late summer, fall and all winter, I have no problems at all. So, it started me wondering whether there is some kind of correlation between my allergies and the PVC events. It just seems to be too "predictable". I am glad to see that others see some type of pattern to their PVC issues as well.

Wow what a relief to find this thread. Just like several of you, I started seeing a correlation between allergy season and my PVCs that was too strong to ignore. Now I just wonder why so few doctors seem to know about this?

I am wondering what other symptoms people are having with their pvc's. Dizziness, tingly extremities... etc????

I have done the same test with the recirculate button in my car. I get stomach acid and PVCs with the outside air and it stops when I put it on recirculate. I've tested it multiple times with the same result.

I have tree and grass allergies in the spring, weed and mold allergies in the fall. I can't drink coffee during this time because my stomach acid and PVCs become terrible. PVCs can be caused by reflux but even when that is under control, I still have PVCs. It seems to be worse this year. The mold that I'm allergic to, Alternaria, is really bad. September and October seem to be the season for Alternaria mold. It goes up when crops are being harvested.