I began having painful PVC's almost seven years ago. I was concerned about the skipped beats what doctor explained me that was caused by stress. I experienced one panic attack too. I have had an echocardiogram, which was normal, Stress tests and worn Holter monitors. Doctor told me that I shouldn’t be worry about skipped beats. When they become more frequent I started taking drugs. I am worried that it is going to bee even worse. I am 45 now.

As I’ve been told PVC’s are benign and will not cause long-term harm. Painful PVC’s may be due to the 'recovery beat' or the beat after the PVC. This is because the heart has more time to fill with blood and the contraction is more forceful. I can’t tell you why some people have more painful PVC then others. If you are not satisfied with your doctor of diagnose you should ask for second opinion. I always do that.