I started body building a year and a half ago, and I am very satisfied with the results. I increased my muscle mass, reduced fat and shaped body a lot. Anyway, I think it's time for me to rearrange my meals completely, and add something for my muscles. What are good muscle supplements? I need some advice because I know this is a tricky territory.

You have no idea how right you are when you mention tricky territory. Even if you understand everything you've read on product you bought, it does not mean that it will have the effects it says it will. Good advice: always buy products with known brand, no matter how expensive they are. Even then, ask if anyone has already tried them, just to be certain. Some basic supplements are: Creatin Monohydrate, protein supplements, meal replacements... And one more thing. You said yourself that you're doing great. Did you consider that maybe you don't need any of this stuff? Think about it.

For supplements I'd rank them in the order of importance like so:

1. Multi-vitamin/mineral. Body building causes damage to cells in the body and you need to repair that damange. Make sure you get good anti-oxidants to fight off the free radicals from cellular damage. L-Arginine is a powerhouse at repairing muscle cell damage. (1/2 Cup cottage cheese will give you 5 grams of the stuff).

2. Protein/Meal replacement powders. If you ate all the protein requirements you need to continue to feed your muscle it's going to get very expensive and time consuming so these powders are quick, cheap, convienent ways to get that nutrition. Watch the labels for Cholesterol levels, sodium levels, and look for one that is sweetened with Sucralose instead of aspertame.

3. Creatine transport systems. Creatine monohydrate is an excellent muslce cell volumizing compound but many companies have taken it a step further and added new components that really help this stuff work better. Creatine monohydrate is found in small quantities in red meats but you'd have to eat part of a cow to get an effective dose, by then you'd be so bloated it would defeat the purpose.

I hate to SPAM or endorse any specific product but I've been greatly impressed with both "NOExplode" By BSN bsnonline.net/products/products_expanded.php?id=834266009367 but DON'T buy it from their web site, look around for some on-line wholesaler. Another one I'm currently using is "Superpump 250" gasparinutrition.com/products/superpump-250/index.php. Once again, look around for wholesalers that offer it at a cheaper price.

Don't fall into the "testosterone booster" trap that a lot of the supplement companies sell. The bottom line on that stuff is, if it really works than it is a controlled substance and must be perscribed by a doctor.

4. I rank Amino Acids here but they sort of tie in 3rd place for me. The reason I put them below the creatine group is that you'll never feel anything by taking them, only if you stop taking them. If you are taking in adequate levels of protein from many different sources they are not mandatory but the advantage of the supplements is that they will give you a balanced profile of the "ESSENTIAL" amino acids. Amino acids work in relation to each other and it gets very complicated to explain (remember) but if you really want to know the ins and outs of all supplements, I highly recommend "The Sports Nutrition Guide" by Dr Michael Colgan colganinstitute.com/html/CI_Books.htm

Happy reading!

Research the key areas of muscle growth.
- Pre workout energy supplements
- Muscle growth supplements
- Muscle recovery supplements.
You will find having a combination of supplements is the way to go. Different supplements work well with different people.
You can't go wrong with supplements such as Protein, Creatine, Nitric Oxide, Amino Acids.