I had a catheter ablation in November of 2008 to treat SVT, which I developed at age 24. (I'm now 49.) Is it normal to experience PVCs after this procedure? I have been having them frequently since the ablation, but never had them before it.

My uneducated guess is that the catheter ablation performed on you may have over-corrected your original condition (supraventricular tachycardia) by destroying "too much" of the nerve tissues, to result in premature ventricular contraction. The end result is that you go from your ventricle beating too fast prior to your surgery, to your ventricle now seemingly skipping heart beats. Ask your doctor. He has a duty to explain this to you.

This is not the case. A PVC is actually an early beat that causes the heart to pause and reset itself. The SVT ablation is performed in the atrium while a PVC originates down in the vetricle. 90 % of the time it comes from the right outflow track. It feels like a skipped beat, but it is actually not. It is an early beat. You dont miss one. You feel the pause after the early beat and then the next beat is on the time it should have been. The beat following the PVC is more powerful because the heart has more time to fill with blood and it feels like a thug or a flip flop due to the extra blood.