Do you think that rheumatoid arthritis could be neck pain related? It is been for years I suffer from painful and inflamed joints and by the time it turned into chronic rheumatoid arthritis including my neck pain that is getting worse over the time. Anyway my neck pain feels like spreading over my shoulders and I am curious now what is this neck pain and could it be for my rheumatoid arthritis and how come no ibuprofen helps me in reducing this neck pain stiffness I have? Thanks!

Neck pain could be caused by muscle strains, disk disorders or injury but also it could be triggered by rheumatoid arthritis for you know the neck also has some joints that could get inflamed anyway I also suffer the same condition and it is not like only ibuprofen could help -it actually helps in reducing the pain but not inflammation. I use ice pack to reduce my neck pain and inflammation and when I got these flare ups I just put some ice pack and leave it that way up to 20 min. I have heard that also heat pack could help in reducing inflammation but sometimes it could also provoke worse inflammation flare ups so it should be applied with caution. Anyway I think it is very likely your rheumatoid arthritis is neck pain related so some physical therapy would also help you dealing with the neck pain combined with pain meds and it is probably you need some stronger pain med and I know that some opioid analgesics could help you with this neck pain.