Hi, my mother has been diagnosed with rheumatoid arthritis. Her doctor has prescribed her with some medicine, but the condition is not improving. In fact, she is getting worse. She complains her joints are so stiff, that she has really hard time getting up in the morning. I was wondering if there are some doctors that specialize in rheumatoid arthritis. Could you tell me what art the best rheumatoid arthritis doctors?

Hi, rheumatoid arthritis is a serious condition. The immune system destroys the joint tissue, causing inflammation. This is a very painful illness and your mother is in real pain. Also morning stiffness of the joints is a regular problem for people with rheumatoid arthritis. And in the more severe cases, the inflammation can spread to other organs. That is why there are doctors that treat only rheumatoid arthritis patients. These doctors are called rheumatologists. They specialize in autoimmune and joint diseases. You should talk to your mother's doctor about her problems. He will be able to refer you to a rheumatologist that could give your mother a more specialize treatment. I hope your mother will feel better soon.