It is been for years now I was diagnosed with rheumatoid arthritis and somehow I am managing to deal with my joints pain by taking prescribed meds at first place but I think that I somehow developed breathing troubles so my question actually is about lung problems and rheumatoid arthritis- could it be connected? The thing is that my breathing has become very painful and is causing me breathless situations and I am desperate for this and would like to hear whether lung problems come along usually with rheumatoid arthritis. Thanks!

If you have developed lung problems with rheumatoid arthritis as the underlying cause of your breathing problems than you are one of those 5% of patients with rheumatoid arthritis that are also affected with lung problems such as pleurisy which is more likely to be your condition regarding your breathing troubles involving pain and which may result in fluid accumulation around your lung and if it come to this point than usual treatment is removal of the accumulated fluid from the lungs. Anyway the exact cause of lung problems with rheumatoid arthritis in not precisely known yet but in some cases it may be caused by the meds taken to treat your rheumatoid arthritis so you better discuss this with your doc especially regarding your rheumatoid arthritis treatment.