What is the best treatment for Rheumatoid Arthritis? I have in both my ankles. I can hardly walk. I started with methotrexate but I can’t feel relief yet. it does reduces the pain, but will this going to cure me? I a not sure what to do?

As far as I know there is no known cure for rheumatoid arthritis. the goal of treatment in rheumatoid arthritis is to reduce joint inflammation and pain, maximize joint function, and prevent joint destruction and deformity and I believe you will be better with methotrexate. However, optimal treatment for the disease involves a combination of medications, rest, joint strengthening exercises, joint protection.

What are the basic symptoms of RA and how much physiotherapy is recommended in the acute deformity of joints. Does the pain occur at sites other than joints. What if RA is accompanied by Diabeties.

I know you posted this 6 years ago, but I would love to offer my advice, and I hope others will view this. At the age of 28, and deep into anesthesia school (highly stressful). I was experiencing aches/pains, arthritis, dry eyes, and many other ailments. I thought it was some kind of autoimmune disease, my symptoms were all pointing toward rheumatiod arthritis. I grew incredibly frustrated after spending way too much time and money on several different doctors, all who couldn't offer me any answers or cures. I had to take matters into my own hands, and I did, successfully in fact! Now, I've got to tell anyone who is looking for a cure or something to lessen the pain of arthritis even a little. The best thing I did was stop listening to modern pharmacological medicine, and speak with a holistic nutritionist. I chose to eliminate gluten and dairy from my diet, as well as try to limit my sugar (all these are inflammatory foods). Your body can attack itself when you ingest these foods, creating an autoimmune disease like state. I started taking 2 grams of a high quality fish oil a day as well as a whole food multivitamin. Within a few weeks of changing my diet, my symptoms were disappearing; it's now a year later, and I feel the best I ever have. I don't take any perscription or immunosuppresant drugs, I simply read the ingredients in my food and make better choices. It may seem like a daunting task in changing the way you eat, but let me tell you, it's a whole lot better than feeling hopeless! I would highly encourage anyone with any type of 'itis' disease, which means inflammation, to try to look at what they are eating and elimate any inflammatory foods from their diet. It really is true, you are what you eat!! You might just find that you don't need those toxic expensive perscription drugs either.

I also incorporated acupuncture to my lifestyle. There's a reason why it been around for so long. Definitely don't discount alternative therapies in your quest for health!