Hi, I am diagnosed with rheumatoid arthritis. I have pains in joints, especially in my left shoulder. Sometimes it hurt so much that I can't lift my arm. I took some pain killers and they really help. But I am interested what the prognosis for rheumatoid arthritis is? Can I live normal life with rheumatoid arthritis?

I am living with it for six years. Based on my personal experience I can tell you that you can live rather normal life. Of course, you must take medications to relieve pain. Also you must talk with doctor to be familiar with proper education and support programs. Exercises could be very helpful too.

Hello there,

My mother has been diagnosed with the rheumatoid arthritis few years ago and she is trying to lead normal life as much as she can. In the beginning was very hard because she was ready to give up and she didn’t want to do anything about her condition but she was just drinking medications. Her doctor has advised her to start with exercising because this can help her but she has refused for a long period of time.

Finally last year she has decided to listen to him and since then she is feeling much better and she is claiming that the pain is not that horrible when medications aren’t doing what they supposed to do. I hope this helps.