Hi, I have been waking up with joint stiffness for quite some time. The pain became unbearable, so I went to see my doctor. He said he suspected I have rheumatoid arthritis and referred me to a rheumatologist. After performing an x-ray and some other tests, the diagnosis was confirmed. However, the rheumatologist said he suspects that I might have erosive rheumatoid arthritis. How is erosive rheumatoid arthritis different than regular rheumatoid arthritis?

Hi, both illnesses are autoimmune. Your immune system is attacking your joint tissue, causing inflammation. Inflamed joints are painful and stiff in the mornings or after you rest for a long time. Rheumatoid arthritis can last for few months and cause no damage to the tissue. In other cases it shows up in flares that last some time and than the symptoms go away. But, in the most difficult cases the condition is progressive and can cause severe joint tissue damage. This is erosive rheumatoid arthritis. The mechanism by which the illness attacks your joints is the same, but the damage is grater. The joints in erosive rheumatoid arthritis can get so damaged that the point when you cannot move affected part of your body. You should do all the necessary tests to determine the state of your joints. And following your doctor's order is also crucial for your condition prognosis.

I was searching on Yahoo for information on Erosive RA, I came across this site and it sounded like it would be pretty informative. I had to go through the roll of signing up, thinking of a screen name, then checking my email logging in and returning to the yahoo website to find the link here that I was interested in.... oh my gosh I'll never do another sign up just to read what the article has to say. Most of them consist of a couple pargraphs and have little if anything that is helpful (and/or new).
What a waste of my time.

Hi there, so are you talking about a site that you found through Yahoo or are you talking about this forum? If you're looking for help here on the forum, you can always post a thread and ask questions if you'd like. That's sort of how the forum format works as opposed to reading an article. Does that help you out?