OK most of these pertain to the 50's and 60's when most of you were either a gleam in your dad's eye or too young to remember anything past your next bottle of formula. The answers are at the bottom and no cheating ! !

01. After the Lone Ranger saved the day and rode off into the sunset, the grateful citizens would ask, Who was that masked man? Invariably, someone would answer, "I don't know, but he left this behind". What did he leave behind?____________ (Bonus question where did he get the ingredients to make the item with ?)

02. When the Beatles first came to the U.S. in early 1964, we all watched them on The __________________ Show.

03. "Get your kicks, ___________________."

04. "The story you are about to see is true. The names have been changed___________________." (Bonus question: Which show was this from ?)

05. "In the jungle, the mighty jungle, ________________."

06. After the Twist, The Mashed Potato, and the Watusi, we "danced" under a stick that was lowered as low as we could go in a dance called the "_____________."

07. "N_E_S_T_L_E_S," Nestle's makes the very best "_____________." (Bonus question: Who sang that jingle ?)

08. Satchmo was America's "Ambassador of Goodwill." Our parents shared this great jazz trumpet player with us. His name was _________________.

09. What takes a licking and keeps on ticking? _______________

10. Red Skelton's hobo character was named __________________ and Red always ended his television show by saying, "Good Night, and "_______________."

11. Some Americans who protested the Vietnam War did so by burning their____________.

12. The cute little car with the engine in the back and the trunk in the front was called the VW. What other names did it go by? ____________ & _______________.

13. In 1971, singer Don MacLean sang a song about, "the day the music died." This was a tribute to ___________________.

14. We can remember the first satellite placed into orbit. The Russians did it. It was called ___________________.

15. One of the big fads of the late 50's and 60's was a large plastic ring that we twirled around our waist. It was called the ________________

Scroll Down

ANSWERS:

01. The Lone Ranger left behind a silver bullet. (Bonus: He got the silver from his silver mine that used to belong to his brother who was killed)
02. The Ed Sullivan Show.
03. On Route 66.
04. To protect the innocent. (Dragnet with Jack Webb)
05. The Lion sleeps tonight.
06. The limbo.
07. Chocolate. (Farfel the dog)
08. Louis Armstrong.
09. The Timex watch.
10. Freddy, The Freeloader, and "Good Night, and may God Bless."
11. Draft cards. (Bras were also burned.)
12. Beetle or Bug.
13. Buddy Holly.
14. Sputnik.
15. Hoola-hoop.

you don't have to be old to kow this stuff. I only missed 7, 10, 13.

I missed the first one, but none of the rest.

01. After the Lone Ranger saved the day and rode off into the sunset, the grateful citizens would ask, Who was that masked man? Invariably, someone would answer, "I don't know, but he left this behind". What did he leave behind?_silver bullet__ (Bonus question where did he get the ingredients to make the item with ?)

02. When the Beatles first came to the U.S. in early 1964, we all watched them on The _Ed Sullivan____ Show.

03. "Get your kicks, __silly rabbit___."

04. "The story you are about to see is true. The names have been changed_only the faces remain_." (Bonbus question: Which show was this from ?)

05. "In the jungle, the mighty jungle, __the lion sleeps tonite_."

06. After the Twist, The Mashed Potato, and the Watusi, we "danced" under a stick that was lowered as low as we could go in a dance called the "____Limbaugh____."

07. "N_E_S_T_L_E_S," Nestle's makes the very best "__cocoa______." (Bonus question: Who sang that jingle ?)

08. Satchmo was America's "Ambassador of Goodwill." Our parents shared this great jazz trumpet player with us. His name was __Louis Armstrong________.

09. What takes a licking and keeps on ticking? __Timex__

10. Red Skelton's hobo character was named __blue___ and Red always ended his television show by saying, "Good Night, and "__good luck__."

11. Some Americans who protested the Vietnam War did so by burning their___bras___.

12. The cute little car with the engine in the back and the trunk in the front was called the VW. What other names did it go by? __beetle____ & __bug__.

13. In 1971, singer Don MacLean sang a song about, "the day the music died." This was a tribute to _____Buddy Holly________.

14. We can remember the first satellite placed into orbit. The Russians did it. It was called _______Sputnik_____.

15. One of the big fads of the late 50's and 60's was a large plastic ring that we twirled around our waist. It was called the _hula hoop_____

5 right. I suck at trivia too. :|

I got them all - just call me Grandma. :D

10. Red Skelton's hobo character was named _Purple Hayes__ and Red always ended his television show by saying, "Good Night, and "__Bite Me!___."
Good - I thought I was the only one who saw the director's cut.

I missed #1, #2 (I thought it was the Tonight Show), the second part of #10 and #13.

...and I SUCK at trivia! (but that is for another post on the board). ;)

Rob has the bestest trivia skilz ever!

#13 might be refering to the plane crash in general. Besides Buddy Holly, The Big Bopper (JP Richardson - Chantilly Lace), and Ritchie Valens were also killed.

The heater on the tourning bus the group was using didn't work, and the winter was bitterly cold. Holly got tired of the cold bus and decided to charter a plane to the next venue.

Tommy Allsup and Ritchie Valens flipped a coin for one of the seats, Valens won the seat and Allsup won his life. Waylon Jennings gave up his seat to the JP Richardson because the Big Bopper was running a fever. Since Holly (actually holley - it got changed due to an error in a contract) chartered the plane he of course got the last seat.

Buddy Holly kidded Waylon Jennings about not flying by saying "I hope your old bus freezes up"

Jennings responded "Well, I hope your plane crashes"

Those words would haunt Jennings for years.