How do you feel about having a tattoo on your body. Many times I was considering of having something tattooed on my body, but simply i have never done it. Don't really know why. Not scared of the needle :-) (if you think this is the reason)
Does anybody have any experience with this?
I could never find something very symbolic to me to put it on my body. What to people usually tattoo on them selfs?

Most people get an impulse tattoo which makes them look pretty bad. I think that the best thing that you can do is find something that means a lot to you and tattoo it in a discreet location so that you don't feel self-conscious about it in the future if you decide it's not something you care about any longer. I think I'd tattoo something I believe in/liked for at least a decade before getting it tattooed.

I got a tattoo about 10 years ago. It is a half dollar size print of my husbands initials on my right butt cheek, which is for his eyes only. It hurt like a....you fill in the blanks, youch.
It seemed like a romantic idea at the time, but when a marraige goes on the blink and you now have your spouses initials on your a** hmmm..now what? I tell all my kids, never tatoo your bf's name on your body, you just never know.
Now if my marraige does end up going south, i'm stuck with a PH on my hind quarters. I'll have to think of something catchy to mimick those initials. Lol. I'm absolutly not going thru lasering it off, no way!!!

Well bbfeet9, to be honest i never considered tattooing initials of my spouse on my body, but after reading your post, never will. :-)
Tattooing is something that you need to live whole life, and you have to find really something that you will like your whole life.
But if I would tattoo something on myself i would do 6 month tattoo. And first see if I really want to keep it.
Still when I think what could I tattoo, I don't know the answer. Maybe the best thing for me is not to tattoo myself at all. :-)

I saw this on reuters. In Belgian a girl is having a tattoo done on her face. As she claims she wanted just three stars on hear forehead. She said she fall a sleep during the procedure and wake up with 56 stars on her face. :-) Can you imagine this? The tattoo master said that she agreed to 56, but when her dad sow this freak out. Now she wants to remove the tattoos and leave just three on her forehead.
What would you do if you wanted just three and guy tattoos 56 stars on your face?

i have a tottoo... stars and music notes.. the stars are my fav colors pink and blue. its on my side so you cant see it unless i show it or im in a swimming suit . i love stars and music is my life i drew it myself, and i love it. i would go with something you love and always have, something that means something to you. who cares if someone thinks its stupid. its what you love not them.

You are right, but at this moment I can not find something that I like so much that I know that I want to have on my body all the time. But I agree with you and if I find something, probably will go and have it tattooed. One more thing I'm not so sure is the place I would place the tattoo. I was considering lover leg. You have any opinion or a good suggestion?

Take your time finding what you want you dont want a mistake. also find a good clean place to get it done... you want it to last and still look good after 10 yrs. as for location..... thats depends.. leg or upper arm always looks good....depending on what you get. it also depends on how much you want it to show.

Yes a good place to have your tattoo done is very important. I don't want to have any problems latter because of the bad work or hygiene.
I was considering to have 2x2 tattoo, not big. I wouldn't like that to be the first thing that everybody will see on me.

Just be shure to get it done at a good place.. i have a friend and her tattoo came off.... she got an infection and she could peel her tattoo off now she has a scar from her tattoo...

dark_red wrote:

I saw this on reuters. In Belgian a girl is having a tattoo done on her face. As she claims she wanted just three stars on hear forehead. She said she fall a sleep during the procedure and wake up with 56 stars on her face. :) Can you imagine this? The tattoo master said that she agreed to 56, but when her dad sow this freak out. Now she wants to remove the tattoos and leave just three on her forehead.

I some how find this hard to believe. How does one fall asleep thru the pain first of all? And secondly, she had to have taken a seriously long nap as it would have taken a long time to tattoo 56 stars any where. It took 2 hours just to put 2 initials inside of a heart on my rear.
When i had mine done, i remember signing a contract and it also stated exactly what i wanted done, this way i couldn't go back on anyone. If this girl didn't sign anything i think she is on her own. Even if she went as far as trying to sue the artist, the first question from the judge would be, "how did you sleep thru all that?"

It is little strange that she was asleep all the time. Maybe she asked for some sedatives. I'm not sure is this possible.
But you are right bbfeet, she needed to sing some agreement so she has some proof what did she asked for.

Not only for the sake of her having proof of what she wanted, just think of the poor tattoo artist who could be in some hot water.
If she was under the influence of sedatives, they were acquired by her own hand. Of course if the artist is "shady", that's another story. Tattoo's in the front and who knows what in the back!! A reputable tattoo artist will no way give a tattoo if the client is under the influence, especially if the customer is drinking. Alcohol thins out the blood, and we all know that tattoo's bleed.
Sedatives like Zanax or Valium slows down the respirations and when your given a tattoo, there are no heart monitors or oxygen masks. If a person comes and asks for a tattoo and they are all "jacked up" a good artist will recognize this and refuse to to give service.

Yes, a good artist would recognize if she has any influence of alcohol or any drugs. It all depends where are you getting your tattoos done. Their are some artist that just want to do the job and get it over with.

I have never had any desire to get one. I can't think of anything I would want permanently etched on my body. Tastes change over time and something I thought was great when I was 20 is not so great now. So I'm glad I never did it.

However I do think they look good on girls. The pretty ones, not the ones that describe attitudes.

There was a waitress at my favorite coffee shop who had a pair of lips on the side of her leg up above the knee. Way up above her knee. I saw it one day when she came in wearing short short shorts. It was like a lipstick kiss on a mirror and I thought it was really cute. I mentioned it and she got all upset about it and acted like she didn't like it. Maybe it reminded her of something she wasn't proud of or she was drunk or high when she got it.

Another one whos is there now has one on her left breast that you can see sometimes when she wears a wide cut top. I thought it looked like Mothman and asked her if that's what it was. She said it's the logo of her favorite rock band. Then she showed me several more she has, on her lower back, on her lower abdomen and on her butt cheek. When she was pulling the front of her pants down, she was pulling them down so far I thought it was going to be that tatoo of a guy pushing a lawnmower across her shaved pubic mound. It was actually her husband's name. I couldn't believe she even had them not to mention she wanted to show them to me. She just never struck me as the type to get a tat.

A guy I knew in high school has a daughter who has a beautiful, colorful tat that must cover her whole back. I've seen it down to her shoulder blades when she was wearing something that was that low. I remember when she got it about 30 years ago when she was a teen. He owns a repair garage and she was working in his office one summer when I went in to pay a bill. She was back to me at the computer printing out my bill and I mentioned how pretty it was. That was the wrong thing to say. Her mother was also in the office and did NOT share my sentiments.

Yesterday a girl came in to the dunkin donuts wher I was sitting with a bunch of other geezers. She had a ring of colorful stars encircling her thigh on one leg.

I like those decorative ones the girls are getting now but I can imagine what the nursing homes are going to look like about 40-50 years from now with all those wrinkled old ladies with faded and blurry tatoos.