hi, i was told on Monday that I had chlamydia and my Gyno called in a prescription for me called Azithromycin for 4 tablets I took them right away and she told me not to have sexual contact for 3 weeks, will I be completely cured in 3 weeks? and also should I buy a new loofah after the chlamydia is cured? how long does it take to cure it? please let me know soon! thanks!

Its hard to question your gynecologist when she's examined you and confirmed that you have chlamydia. If she says 3 weeks then wait three weeks.

Replace the loofah. They can spread bacteria.

You have asked your partner to get checked? You don't want to get cured and then get reinfected.

it was actually not my partner that i got it from but the tricky thing is I was reading other peoples questions and they said they still have symptoms but I have not ever had symptoms and I still don't, would i know that it is gone?

That's the funny thing with chlamydia, not everyone shows symptoms so you may not necessarily no that it is gone.
The antibiotics should clear it up completely. You just don't want to do anything to reinfect until it is cleared, or pass it along.

Did she ask you to return for a follow up?

yeah I defiantly need to be careful from now on and no she told me to just take the medicine and wait 3 weeks before i do anything sexual again, I need to go back in 2 months for a shot I just want to know that's it's gone completely in the three weeks

The antibiotic should clear it up shortly. I've seen some studies say in a week or two. Three weeks sounds reasonable then.

Just take the antibiotics exactly as prescribed and be sure to finish them all.

I did I took them on Monday and all 4 of them so hopefully it'll be gone in 3 weeks, thank you so much!

monday 5th sept i got dianosed with chlamidia n i took the 4 tablets n told no sex for a week, mmy partner got treated the nxt day, on my 5th day n his 4th day after treatment we ended up havin sex, unprotected as were at our honeymoon period of our relationship, we did go bk to the clinic n got re treated, its been 5 days againn i wanna know is da chlamidia gone now

The only way to know is to go back and get tested again. If you follow the instructions, 1-3 weeks no sex (depends on the med) then you should be clear.

you got 4 pills? my doc prescribed me pills twice a day for 7 days... and saturday was my last day to take the pills... but i stil have some discharge is that normal?? im reali scared =(

bunnie22 wrote:

medic-dan wrote:

o they gave me 2 pills to take at 1 time

I also got treated for chlamydia last Wednesday with the 4 tablets on the day, but my doctor told me it will clear up in a week, i never had any symptoms, do i need to get tested again? Everyone says different things :/

Well tusday I was tested positive for the same but my doctor only prescribe me with 2 pills of azithromycin and was told to take them both as one dose but also he gave me other pills called metronidazol and was tol to take those every 12 hours for 7 days so y different meds for people

The other medicine you took was for a bacterial infection

The metronidazol is usually prescribed to treat bacterial vaginosis or trichomoniasis.

Azithromycin is the common med for chlamydia.