Hi! I have been having skin rashes, joint pains, I have been feeling sick and do not feel like eating recently. I have also got some embarrassing problems with my stools. A search on google leads me to believe that my symptoms are consistent with autoimmune hepatitis. Can someone tell me about the way in which this is diagnosed, please?

First of all, I want to warn you against using Dr Google too much. Many symptoms can occur in many diseases, and google by its very nature will often bring up the rarer and more dramatic diseases first, because this is what people like reading about. Your symptoms could mean anything, and you need to be diagnosed by a doctor. Autoimmune hepatitis needs to be diagnosed by way of blood tests, and they sometimes take a liver sample. If you are feeling sick, please see a doctor.

Thank you for your answer. Taking a liver sample sounds painful and invasive. Can you tell me more about the exact procedure perhaps? I know that I should get to a doctor but I am frightened of the outcome, so I keep postponing. Do you think there is anything else it could be, with these kinds of symptoms? Thank you for your help.