I have been suffering from nasal problems for around three years now. It started out with mild congestion. To counter this, I started using Sinex. I then used Sinex for around 3 months. During the later stages of my sinex addiction, I literally couldn't breath through my nose AT ALL. Gradually however, and very uncomfortably, I managed to wean off the stuff. I can't describe how hard it was to get through school not being to breath through my nose and being constantly told I had an awfully nasal voice.
Anuway, the sinus situation improved dramatically after stopping staing the sinex, but I still felt stuffed up. And so, I arranged to see an ENT privately earlier this year, and he had a look up my nose and determined my symptoms were due to enlarged adenoids. At a cost of £4500 (to my parents), I underwent the operation several weeks later.
However, the operation didn't seem to improve things, and as the weeks went on I found that my condition was deteroriating. Now, 6 months after the operation, I have frequent Post Nasal Drip, I usually blow my nose about 10 times of the day, and sneeze a few times. I alse find that I can usually only breathe out of one nostril, and that nostril alternates occasionally. When I am lying down to go to sleep, I find that if I am lying on my left side, my left nostril gets blocked, whereas if I lie on my right side, my right nostril gets blocked.
In trying to correct these problems, I booked an appointment with my GP, and he suggested that I have an allegy test. I was tested for 10 of the most common allergens, including dust and pollen, and they all turned out negative. I have also tried cutting out dairy, but that didn't work either.

I am now despairing. Going through the day constantly reaching for a tissue, sneezing, sniffing, and snorting phlegm is not a pleasant existence...

Is there any hope for me??

Ask your allergist to test you for more than just the 10 most common allergins. I was tested for 110 and am allergic to close to half. Not all of them in the top ten, either.

I'm also having a horrible time with congestion. If nothing else, try using a nasal saline rinse (the Neti Pot -- check it out on the web) and ask about Nasonex or Flonase nose spray. They are nasal steroids. Good luck!!

I have the same problem. I've seen an ENT and had surgery and tried numerous medications. I try to stay away from lots of dairy. I eat spicy foods such as red pepper and jalapeno peppers. I also sip chicken broth.

Good luck!

Look up 'nasal cycle'....I thought that I had a problem with alternating congestion. Well, turns out that it is normal and that there is a biological reason for it. One nostril at a time, one takes a break, and then they switch. I think I'd question the doctors who don't know this already..."the nasal cycle."