Hi, I am allergic to dogs. It is really bothering me. Maybe I am just paranoid, but it seams that everywhere I go there are dogs around me. The medicines doctor prescribed me are with me all the time. The thing is that I am not very satisfied with them. Maybe you can give me some advice for my problem. The problem is: which allergy medications should I use?

Hi, the thing with allergy is that they all have the same course of treatment. It consists of finding the root of the problem, what causes the allergy, and treating the symptoms that allergy produces. What you should do is try to avoid direct contact with dogs. Also, try installing air filters in your home. That will be a positive change in your life. As for which medications to use for allergy there are several possibilities. These are used for all inhalant allergies: corticosteroids, topical nasal steroids, oral antihistamines and bronchodilators. Allergies can also be treated with injections that have extracts of various allergens (this way a person will develop a tolerance to those allergens) and an, procedure that is not very known, energy based treatment. However, you must not take or do anything on your own. Your doctor is the only one who can prescribe you with the therapy for your needs.